[R>Artist 3D] Share Looking for a 3D artist to make a sandbox Ren'Py game set in medieval times.

AlorGames

Sep 24, 2022
Project:
- Eredia, a visual novel set in medieval times.

Developer:
- Basic programmer on ren'py, expertise in writing. Discord: epi#4286

Looking for:
- 3D artist.

Employment Type:
-Revenue share, 70% for the artist, 30% for me.

Work commitment:
- Preferably long term, but okay with this being our only project,

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord.

Job Description:
- I need the artist to be able to take control of all aspects of the art side. While I design the quests, continue the writing and program the game into Ren'Py.

Reactions: tariktokluk

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
I thought sandbox games require advanced programming knowledge, you sure you can do that with basic knowledge in RenPy???

Reactions: AlorGames

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
I thought sandbox games require advanced programming knowledge, you sure you can do that with basic knowledge in RenPy???
Well, it all depends on what he means with "sandbox", but from what I could see, the main difficulties with it are on the Game Design side, not on the technical side.
One can create a maze of alleyways literally the second day of studying Re'Py, a map with conditional events is doable even with basic knowledge (in a clunky and difficult to maintain way, of course), and there are frameworks (like the venerable DSE) that dumb the process down to the level of absolute beginners like me.
Now, making a wide open world that somebody actually wants to explore... that's the challenge.