[R>Artist 3D] Paid Share Looking for a 3D artist to work with [CLOSED]

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
[Kindly read my LATEST REPLY in this thread - to read my clarification]

Project:

A short erotic visual novel focusing on four characters over the span of one day & two nights. (The entire game will be completed by Chapter 4/Update 0.4)

- Genre: Romance
- Tags: It's mostly just vanilla stuff
- MC: Male
- Number of supporting characters: 4-6

---​

Developer:

I'm a professional writer who is trying his hand at the erotic scene. Currently, I've joined hands with a few developers to bring their stories to life.

While I do enjoy working on those projects, I really want a space where I can go all out - which is why I've turned to this project.

In addition to the script, I'll also be taking care of the storyboard and coding for this project.

Here is a non-erotic I wrote a while ago, just in case you're curious about my writing style.

---​

Looking for:

A capable 3D artist who can make their characters look attractive and the scenes look engaging.

Additional Requirements:
- Kindly share your portfolio or sample works below.
- After the initial discussions are over, I will need the artist to render one sample image to see how well we can work together as a team. (It need not be related to this project in any way. I can simply write a sample dialog/scene for whatever model & location they already have with them.)

---​

Employment Type:

Personally, I do not want to impose upon someone by asking them to work for revenue share right off the bat. However, I'm not financially stable enough to pay full market rates either.

Which is why, I've saved up a small amount to pay the artist for the first two chapters/updates. With it I can pay an amount of $150 each for the first two updates and the remaining two will be revenue share. (Depending on the quality of the art, I'll be happy to share 50%-75% of the revenue with the artist.)

- $150 - Chapter 1/0.1
- $150 - Chapter 2/0.2
- Revenue Share - Chapter 3/0.3
- Revenue Share - Chapter 4/0.4

All payment will be made via PayPal only.

---​

Work commitment:

- 4-6 months.
- Each chapter would need 100 unique renders (I'll do my best to avoid writing scenes with crowd scenes or anything that might make the artist's job too hard.)
- If the project manages to garner enough support (at least $500) by chapter four and the artist is interested to continue our partnership, we can continue the story with a part two or a spin-off.

---​

Preferred method of contact:

- Leave your replies below and I will respond as early as I can.
- If you'd rather discuss things privately, feel free to PM me.
- Once the initial discussions are over, we will move over to a private discord for the rest of the development.

Last edited:

Powerbabe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2018
You ask an artist to produce 100 unique renders for 150$, hinting you don't want any beginner level renders, but high quality ones.

Tell me, you as a professional writer, would you be willing to write a chapter (5K words) for just 3$?

zger

Sep 6, 2017
100 high quality unique renders sounds rly scarry :D 1.5$ for each. could be done if its 70p and environments r hdris, If not then its shitload of work. Or author dont mind honey select stuff.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
You ask an artist to produce 100 unique renders for 150$, hinting you don't want any beginner level renders, but high quality ones.

Tell me, you as a professional writer, would you be willing to write a chapter (5K words) for just 3$?
100 high quality unique renders sounds rly scarry :D 1.5$ for each. could be done if its 70p and environments r hdris, If not then its shitload of work. Or author dont mind honey select stuff.

I completely understand your discontent with the price I'm quoting. And that it amounts to nothing for what I'm asking.

Which is why I fully accept any negative opinions you have of my requirements. But I'd be grateful if you (and anyone who feels the same way) could hear my side.

---

Consider a scenario where I'm asking an artist to work with me - purely based on revenue share, investing no money and call it "collaboration".

I found that to be unfair. Which is why I have tried my best to save this money for the past year & a half and offer it as a symbol of trust - that I am indeed serious about this project.

But judging by these responses, I can see it backfired big time on me as it comes off as disrespectful (like I'm paying $1.5 for each render) when it's not the case.

I am NOT paying $1.5 for one render. I'm giving everything I have saved - as a sign of faith and am asking the artist to give my script a chance.

---

Just to add some more detail to my explanation, the current visual novel projects I'm working on - are all ones where I do not get paid, but receive a part of the potential revenue in the future.

Which is why it was easy for me to think "Offering something is better than nothing."

---

Still, despite my explanation, the fact remains that my pricing is not going be fair to the artist. So, I'll close this post for now.

(I'll be reaching you via PM to understand what would be a better way to approach this situation and what would be a reasonable price. It'll be really cool if you could help me with it.)

Last edited: