Looking for a certain game, don't know the title but description inside.

Feb 2, 2018
It has a male protagonist who wields a staff and has real time combat, enemies are all women and there are civilians who run around the area too while you fight off the enemies. Moving to the edge of the screen moved you into the next area and there was a couple of bosses to fight. Was based around medieval times and there was a field leading into a castle in the first area. Has a gallery mode too.

Had a good look around here using tags the game should be listed under but can't find it anywhere. I'll know what game it is if I see pictures of it.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
It has a male protagonist who wields a staff and has real time combat...
If it's on this site it should be listed , but if you searched for side-scroller with male protagonist you've seen the list. There's a list from DLsite you could try , if you can narrow the search down more than that though I don't know how to do it.

is the only game I've played like that with a male character (and I guess), but that's not what you described.

W65

May 31, 2018
If it's on this site it should be listed here, but if you searched for side-scroller with male protagonist you've seen the list. There's a list from DLsite you could try here, if you can narrow the search down more than that though I don't know how to do it.

Eroico is the only game I've played like that with a male character (and Goblin Walker I guess), but that's not what you described.
You know, Goblin Walker is more of a 2.5d beat-em-up, and that doesn't show up in the tags. It's actually kinda sad, because "how it plays" is kind of an important thing to tag for this very reason.

I was also thinking of Goblin Walker from the description.

I'm browsing DLSite's action games listing right now. I'll tag the OP if I find anything likely.

OT: StudioS made a Kemono Friends fighter. That's hilarious.

Also OT: They ALSO sell an R-18 patch for a Steam game on DLSite. Those guys are cards, I tell you.

EDIT: Sorry, no dice. I went back a few years on DLSite's Action games list--if it's a Japanese game, it might be older than that. link should give you DLSite's search engine filtered by release date, showing only action games. It'll take a little work, but you ought to be able to find it that way.

My problem is that every time I go to do this for someone, I see a few dozen games that I want to go back and look for later. Thankfully for my continued sanity, I usually forget to do this.

Feb 2, 2018
You know, Goblin Walker is more of a 2.5d beat-em-up, and that doesn't show up in the tags. It's actually kinda sad, because "how it plays" is kind of an important thing to tag for this very reason.

I was also thinking of Goblin Walker from the description.

I'm browsing DLSite's action games listing right now. I'll tag the OP if I find anything likely.

OT: StudioS made a Kemono Friends fighter. That's hilarious.

Also OT: They ALSO sell an R-18 patch for a Steam game on DLSite. Those guys are cards, I tell you.

EDIT: Sorry, no dice. I went back a few years on DLSite's Action games list--if it's a Japanese game, it might be older than that. link should give you DLSite's search engine filtered by release date, showing only action games. It'll take a little work, but you ought to be able to find it that way.

My problem is that every time I go to do this for someone, I see a few dozen games that I want to go back and look for later. Thankfully for my continued sanity, I usually forget to do this.
I'm the same lol, I had about 30 extra tabs open bc i passed some that looked interesting

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Only know of one game which specifically includes combat, and sounds at least somewhat familiar to what you described.
Combat's not my thing I confess:

It could help if you can remember something more.
- Where had you seen it first?
- Which art style ist it? More westernised or more asiatic (think comic vs manga)?
Do you remember the engine maybe? This can help predict somewhat how the assets will look like, and reduce possibilities.
- When I think e.g. Flash I imagine vector graphics, very clean cut, almost sterile.
- Drawn images I associate more with VNs (typically Ren'Py but also other platforms), of diverse quality.
- Also 'realistic' looking 2D renders are typically Ren'Py territory nowadays.
- Some chibi-like characters are found with e.g. RPGM games, example I posted above by Logan.

You may once again check the for platforms we have here, just click on i.e. Flash or Ren'Py and browse a few games to get the idea how they can look like. Maybe you can say 'looks like game X', so members know what could fit your description.

Some tags that are of use. But I guess you already took a good look. :/
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope you give us some more clues. :)

Feb 2, 2018
Only know of one game which specifically includes combat, and sounds at least somewhat familiar to what you described.
Combat's not my thing I confess:

It could help if you can remember something more.
- Where had you seen it first?
- Which art style ist it? More westernised or more asiatic (think comic vs manga)?
Do you remember the engine maybe? This can help predict somewhat how the assets will look like, and reduce possibilities.
- When I think e.g. Flash I imagine vector graphics, very clean cut, almost sterile.
- Drawn images I associate more with VNs (typically Ren'Py but also other platforms), of diverse quality.
- Also 'realistic' looking 2D renders are typically Ren'Py territory nowadays.
- Some chibi-like characters are found with e.g. RPGM games, example I posted above by Logan.

You may once again check the for platforms we have here, just click on i.e. Flash or Ren'Py and browse a few games to get the idea how they can look like. Maybe you can say 'look like game X, so members know what could fit your description.

Some tags that are of use. But I guess you already took a good look. :/
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope you give us some more clues. :)
That's the thing though, that's as much as I can remember. I had seen it either on here or ULMF, I'm not sure, but it was similar to or actually was a flash app.

Reactions: Cirro84

W65

May 31, 2018
I fucking found it oh my god
I gotta say that I am glad you were able to find it. I'd played that one a while ago, but it didn't really come to mind when I was thinking about your post.

Let this be a little object lesson to us folks who like to help people find games: be creative in how you read game descriptions of the folks looking for them, since the memory is notoriously unreliable. I was pretty sure this had to have been a Japanese game, and I ought to have thought of Dragon Quest from the "medieval" description.

(Also it's probably safe to consider "male protagonist" to mean "has a penis," and so we ought to consider futa protagonists, too.)

Reactions: Cirro84

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Well thanks for the challenge aAA, I enjoy digging up stuff and being surprised myself. This one was a bit too tricky though.^^ Heh, none of the tags would lead to it. Only Flash could give a slight hint. Jeez... Good you remembered this. Congrats, glad you found the game finally. Have fun! :)