[R>Programmer] Unpaid Looking for a Game Maker Studio 2 programmer to aid with developing a mod tool

HStudios

Sep 9, 2019
Project:
Five Nights at Freddy's: Nightshift is a NSFW fangame built in Game Maker Studio 2 with a focus on gameplay, animation and characters - with smut and sex scenes thrown in too.

(In case you feel like you've read this forum post before, the previous mod tool programmer I got into contact with deleted their discord and vanished)

Developer:
(my account is nicknamed H [she/her])

Looking for:
Game Maker Studio 2/GML programmer knowledgeable in mod tool programming

Employment Type:
The job will be unpaid, and I don't expect you to work frequently or constantly - I know you've got other things on your plate.

Work commitment:
One-off/short term. I prefer to be lenient with team members as I know they have other commitments and stuff to do - though it would be appreciated for things to be done in a timely manner (I've had people join and not give an update for like, 5 months before.)

Preferred method of contact:
I prefer using Discord to chat and communicate with team members, if that works for you

Job Description:
As a programmer on the team you would be helping out with the development of a mod tool for FNAFN. Custom sex scenes can be created and added into the game using either image sequences or videos (I have found a good video player but it depends on which is the best method to work with).
The mod tool would require things like:
  1. the ability to add 'tags' to an animation (each animation is accompanied by a text file with tags for what animatronic is in the scene, what position, etc)
  2. If image sequences are to be used, there'd need to be an option to import a set of images and combine them all into a horizontal sprite sheet (all the frames of the animation side-by-side in one long strip) as GMS2 can only make sprites via sprite sheets.
Along with creating a system in the game to show and run these animations, as the tool would be an separate executable.

Additional comments:
The original person I brought on to make the tools has vanished with no way for me to contact them, so if you see this, would be nice if we're able to get back into contact

Last edited: