[R>Programmer] Paid looking for a javascript developer for our game rpgmaker game we've just launched

Purplesauce

Crummy Classroom's Developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2020
Hello people! me and my partner are looking for a javascript developer, probably part-time, to help us with our rpgmaker mv game.

Project:
Crummy Classroom we've recently released V0.1 its very much a proof of concept but I think our views are good compared to other games

Developer:
-
-

Looking for:
- Looking for a Javascript developer, preferably someone who's familar with rpgmaker

Employment Type:
- Paid, but its up for discussion

Work commitment:
- part-time for now

Preferred method of contact:
- discord or messaging me personally would be fine

Job Description:
- our project may require custom plugins but at the moment we need help manipulating implemented plugins to do what we want
- possibly we may need you to make some from scratch as well in the future

Last edited:

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
What custom plugins are you thinking of?

Can you give a brief overview of the plugins you need help "manipulating"?
Injecting into existing plugins depends very much on the plugins in question. Plugins can be obfuscated (encrypted to be unreadable) or lazily or haphazardly coded, and depending on the type of plugin, it can at times be much easier and faster to write a new plugin then "fix" a bad problematic plugin.

Is there a specific reason you're going with RPG MV? In my personal experience, RPG MZ is less problematic and has access to the Plugin Command functionality, which allows plugin devs to provide game developers with vastly easier-to-use functionality.

Reactions: Purplesauce

Purplesauce

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2020
What custom plugins are you thinking of?

Can you give a brief overview of the plugins you need help "manipulating"?
Injecting into existing plugins depends very much on the plugins in question. Plugins can be obfuscated (encrypted to be unreadable) or lazily or haphazardly coded, and depending on the type of plugin, it can at times be much easier and faster to write a new plugin then "fix" a bad problematic plugin.

Is there a specific reason you're going with RPG MV? In my personal experience, RPG MZ is less problematic and has access to the Plugin Command functionality, which allows plugin devs to provide game developers with vastly easier-to-use functionality.
right now we're using plugins designed to be manipulated what we need right now is help to get yanflys buffs + states core to work, the note tags supplied don't seem to work, and in the future, I think we'll need some help creating minigames with mog hunters minigame plugins, we may need custom plugins in the future as well.

thanks for the input, hm well after reviewing which was better, I concluded that due to mv having more support/ more plugins it would be the better engine to use, so we've been working with that, would you be interested in working with us?

and about these easier-to-use plugins, I thought mz was a little limited in the plugins department has that improved? or have you really found an issue using mv plugins in mz? would yanfly and moghutners plugins work in mz?

Last edited:

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
right now we're using plugins designed to be manipulated what we need right now is help to get yanflys buffs + states core to work, the note tags supplied don't seem to work, and in the future, I think we'll need some help creating minigames with mog hunters minigame plugins, we may need custom plugins in the future as well.

thanks for the input, hm well after reviewing which was better, I concluded that due to mv having more support/ more plugins it would be the better engine to use, so we've been working with that, would you be interested in working with us?

and about these easier-to-use plugins, I thought mz was a little limited in the plugins department has that improved? or have you really found an issue using mv plugins in mz? would yanfly and moghutners plugins work in mz?
1. MV argueable still has more plugins than MZ, but not by much and the MZ plugins are often more advanced and easier to use.
2. There's a project that allows many (but not all) MV plugins to be directly used in MZ:

3. The MV & MZ code is very similar (largely identical), but the way the Plugin Commands work is very different, which is why any MV plugin used in MZ needs to adjust how the game developer can use plugin commands. (Project fossil provides a MV like command line for this)
4. Many of the Yanfly plugins have been recreated and improved in the VisuMZ library. However, unlike the original plugins, these are obfuscated (very limited in how I can adjust them without breaking ToS and asking some encryption experts in the community on how to crack it) and a great many are paywalled.
Check the MZ plugin section on the left.

Most of Moghunter's plugins have also been transferred (but not the Chrono Engine).
5. MV games can be relatively easily transferred into MZ (literally just a select copy-paste process since the data structures are identical), but this can be problematic with plugins - if you're already using a lot of Plugin Commands built into events. So whether a transfer is reasonable would have to be checked on how much Plugin Command usage exists in events. It can be a transfer that only takes 5 minutes - but if a lot of plugin commands need to be readjusted or non-existing plugins in MZ replaced with another plugin, this can take a lot longer.

So generally, MZ is better, but depending on the current state of the project & how much has been done with custom plugins that can't be transfered, it may be better to just continue in MV. The two biggest MZ advantages are the improved ease-of-use for Plugin Commands that make your life easier and the move event command, which now shows you where characters will move, thereby making it a lot easier to plan out where characters will go, instead of counting tiles & testing constantly.

would you be interested in working with us?
I'd need more information on what the problem is so I can take a look, as well as what the remuneration offer is. I'll write a pm in that regard.

EDIT: Your settings prevent people from messaging you on F95. Please write me a pm with details on what the problems with the stats core & other plugins are, what adjustments you need, and what you'd be willing to pay for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purplesauce

Purplesauce

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2020
1. MV argueable still has more plugins than MZ, but not by much and the MZ plugins are often more advanced and easier to use.
2. There's a project that allows many (but not all) MV plugins to be directly used in MZ:

3. The MV & MZ code is very similar (largely identical), but the way the Plugin Commands work is very different, which is why any MV plugin used in MZ needs to adjust how the game developer can use plugin commands. (Project fossil provides a MV like command line for this)
4. Many of the Yanfly plugins have been recreated and improved in the VisuMZ library. However, unlike the original plugins, these are obfuscated (very limited in how I can adjust them without breaking ToS and asking some encryption experts in the community on how to crack it) and a great many are paywalled.
Check the MZ plugin section on the left.

Most of Moghunter's plugins have also been transferred (but not the Chrono Engine).
5. MV games can be relatively easily transferred into MZ (literally just a select copy-paste process since the data structures are identical), but this can be problematic with plugins - if you're already using a lot of Plugin Commands built into events. So whether a transfer is reasonable would have to be checked on how much Plugin Command usage exists in events. It can be a transfer that only takes 5 minutes - but if a lot of plugin commands need to be readjusted or non-existing plugins in MZ replaced with another plugin, this can take a lot longer.

So generally, MZ is better, but depending on the current state of the project & how much has been done with custom plugins that can't be transfered, it may be better to just continue in MV. The two biggest MZ advantages are the improved ease-of-use for Plugin Commands that make your life easier and the move event command, which now shows you where characters will move, thereby making it a lot easier to plan out where characters will go, instead of counting tiles & testing constantly.

I'd need more information on what the problem is so I can take a look, as well as what the remuneration offer is. I'll write a pm in that regard.

EDIT: Your settings prevent people from messaging you on F95. Please write me a pm with details on what the problems with the stats core & other plugins are, what adjustments you need, and what you'd be willing to pay for it.
thanks for the info! I've pm'd you

Reactions: kuraiken