Looking for a little Daz Studio help

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
This is driving me crazy. I am relatively new to Daz but I can do a few things. But I have a two part question....first I am trying to use a lighted sconce (prop) and place it on a castle column. The light has a stem, that would fasten to the column and the light sticks out. I cannot for the life of me find a way to rotate the light so the stem is at 90 degrees from the column. I can rotate the light in all kinds of directions, but I can't "spin" it around, if that makes sense. The Daz forum just keeps telling me how to rotate it....I need it to spin. Second question, in the scene package I bought, the lights are listed under materials and then again under props.....what is the difference? I have both iray and non iray to work with...I have always just been trying to work with iray stuff, but I couldn't tell you why. Thanks for your time!

arnii

Massive Member
Game Developer
Feb 23, 2020
This is a late reply, but might benefit someone...

Not sure I can answer the first question, but the second part the material is probably an emissive surface - so if you select a surface and then load in the material the surface itself will light up. The prop os probably the object with the surface preloaded to it. So you might have an object already loaded in the scene and you want to change the light, you would select the object and load in the material. If the object didn't exist already, you would load in the prop.