[R>Artist 2D] Share Looking For A Long-term Artist/Partner To Work On A Cyberpunk RPG

PRAECESSOR

Aug 4, 2017
Project:
- Title is in the works, as I'd like to have a firmer idea of what the game is going to feel like before picking a title. And that isn't going to happen until the two of us have a discussion.
- The game is in a cyberpunk/magical setting. Think Bladerunner-ish, except the implants are powered by magic. You play as someone who has just moved into the city and slowly becomes entrenched in the city's underworld as you continue to seek out more powerful implants. The implants will provide gameplay changes, as well as give the player different ways to interact with the girls.
- I had planned for only a male protagonist, but a female MC might be possible as well depending on how we choose to implement NPC interactions.
- Many of implants have nefarious sexual implications and/or BDSM-related themes. The protagonist will be a force for good, but a lot of what he does will be morally dubious.

Developer:
- I'm currently the only developer, both writing and coding. A large portion of the game is already written, with a good chunk of the more complex mechanic systems already taken care of.

Looking for:
- I'm looking for a well-rounded 2D artist who typically focuses on sprite-work, but isn't afraid to branch out into things like environments or UI design.
- Someone with a more developed style with a good command of light and shadow.

Employment Type:
- We'd split the revenue generated from the game. Things might change depending on how many people end up joining the project, but as long as it's just the two of us you shouldn't expect less than 40% of the revenue. How much more than that is up for discussion, as it depends on how much work you're willing to put into the project.

Work commitment:
- This will end up being a long term project. The game currently has 12 main heroines with a planned customizable wardrobe system, and quite a few locations that will need unique background CGs.
- Considering that I myself am a full-time student/employee, I get that you aren't going to be able to work 8 hours a day on this project. That's perfectly fine, considering how much of the main game I still have yet to write and/or code.
- I had planned for a sequel, but there's no way of knowing how things will turn out. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Preferred method of contact:
- Once we start working, I'll prefer to keep in contact over Discord or by email. If you're interested, just leave a comment here or PM me directly.

Job Description:
- A skilled, driven 2D artist who is interested in working long term. Work when you want to, but the two of us will have to set deadlines for one another to keep each other accountable. I can be understanding of your situation, but I'd also like to finish the game sometime in the next century or so. Know what I mean?
- I want you to be interested in the world, so the two of us will work together to build it. This means you should probably have some appreciation for world-building, but this isn't strictly necessary if you're already interested in what I've written so far.

Additional comments:
- If you're interested, leave a comment and I'll give you a link for the game's design document so you can really get a feel for the kind of game I'm interested in making.

Last edited:

PRAECESSOR

Aug 4, 2017
Hey, I'm a game developer too. Got some income from it. My game is here: https://f95zone.to/threads/pride-and-submission-v1-2-vivi-game.32511/
My strong point is hardcore cg/animation.
Currently working on my own game and attend a full time bootcamp. But I'm really fast. Can you tell me more about your game, what have you got and your expection of the background? Is it the main thing?
The focus of the game will be on the player's interactions with the heroines and creating a satisfying feeling of progression. The system I had in mind is sprite-based interaction, somewhere between the option-based cutscene interactions of a game like Glassix and the fully-customizable limb-based interaction system of Rogue-like. This means that the main focus is going to be on the sprites themselves as well as how they get implemented.

The backgrounds themselves are not particularly important. I'd intensely prefer having hand-drawn background CGs for each location, but they don't need to be extremely detailed and if it comes down to it we can just put a photoshop filter over a stock image. They are not the main priority, is what I'm saying. The large bulk of the work is going to come from the spritework and the high number of planned wardrobe options.

The player is going to be spending a lot of time seeing the same dozen or so static sprites over and over again, so obviously they'd have to be both high quality and with a decent amount of detail. I can see from your game that you have an excellent grasp of linework, proportion, and anatomy, but I'd like to see what you can do when trying to make a more textured sprite. Perhaps more importantly, I'd like to see how well you can draw a female body.

I can send you the link for the design document of the game if you want. Seeing what I have planned for the implants should give you an idea of what this game is supposed to feel like, and after seeing your game I don't think you'll have any problem with some of the darker tones.

Reactions: redrain_vivi

redrain_vivi

Game Developer
May 19, 2019
For female, I can draw like this. Yeah, please send me the document. Btw, my Discord account is thaovy#1313
Have u see the gif animation?
Btw, what is the proframing language and engine u use? Mind if I ask? I know ho to use github
sa.png

Last edited:

PRAECESSOR

Aug 4, 2017
Looking around other recruitment forums for projects like mine, I'm realizing that a lot of these don't end up going anywhere even after the team is formed. Typically, it's because the project lead wasn't willing or able to do any of the work they said they could. So, as a display of at least basic competence, I whipped up a tech demo for some of the game's key features. To give you an idea of my ability, I started working on this about 48 hours ago and spent maybe 8 of those actually coding.

Right now, you can move between different areas and not much else. What you should pay attention to though, is what's happening to the menus as you move around. Each connection between areas takes a different amount of time to move through, the backgrounds change as the day changes between morning, day, evening, and night, and each area has an associated P value.

P stands for Publicity, and will be used to determine what a girl would be willing to do in that area. For example, she'd be much more willing to undress in her own room instead of in the middle of the crowded street. However, since Publicity changes throughout the day, it's possible you could convince her to go streaking down that same street when it's abandoned at night. Those are the kinds of organic interactive systems that I'm interested in building.

Once again, if you're interested please either pm me or leave a comment. Thanks.