[R>Writer] Looking for a passionate writer, medieval time period. [Filled]

Krampus Kreations

Aug 18, 2020
Looking for a writer. Not a pay per word type of writer. Passion and skill. I have spent well over 10,000 hours in Blender/UE and so has my partner. It takes a team. I have been around here long enough to see what works well, and we feel we have a pretty good formula. Character artist, game dev, and writer.

Medieval Fantasy. Probably 3rd person omniscient but we can discuss. I have an outline and a general idea but we are flexible. I specialize in characters, clothing, hair, posing, and animation. My partner is very good with Unreal Engine, environments, real time fight sequences, game mechanics, etc. We are looking to make a visual novel mixed with gameplay. Probably nothing like you've played before but the concept makes sense. Would be happy to discuss further.

Project:
Fates of the World. The player is a Fate(god) that guides the main characters in their adventures. In doing so, the Fate gains additional followers and unlocks additional scenes. Basically a 3d VN mixed with real time gameplay. Sounds like fun,right? We could also just do a single main character, but we can discuss. Lots of options here. We have the assets, environment for the first scene, characters, clothing, and general gameplay set for the first few scenes. I have the first scene written out, kinda like a pilot. I'm not a writer, but I can fake it until we find one (you?).

Developer:
- I've been around for a few years and can show some renders on the main cg sites. Did some tutorials on youtube. I have a demo vid that I did for a previous game. I think that would be best and will send that to you upon request. My partner has a game on F95 (early development) and has already made the environment for the first scene of this project.

Looking for:
- Passionate wordsmith. Someone steeped in the love of D&D, medieval fantasy of all types, Game of Thrones, dragons, warriors, princesses, ogres, and all that. And sex. Lots and lots of sex. And swords and arrows.

Employment Type:
- 10% revenue share. I know a lot of writers want paid up front because a lot of games never get completed. I get it. But, from a game dev standpoint, the pay per word writers are not nearly as engaged in the success of the project. It's a risk, but if you have the skills, lets talk.

Work commitment:
- Long term project, part time work. I spend 30-40 hours per week on this project until it makes enough revenue that I can do this full time. I would not expect a writer to commit that much time, especially after we get the outline and rough draft composed.

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord, F95, Skype, Twitter, email, carrier pigeon, smoke signals from the Andes, whatever works. We're flexible. Honestly though, Discord is the bomb.

Job Description:
- Writing words, but also assist in art direction, character selection, environments, scenes, camera angles, and all the wondrous things involved in making something entertaining to the viewer. It all works together. We all work together.

Additional comments:
- OMG, you are still reading? You can contact me here on F95 or discord (krampuskreations) and we can discuss further. Look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

Krampus Kreations

Aug 18, 2020
Yup. Leaning away from 3rd person omniscient and more toward a single protagonist but yes, still looking. I've also shied away from real time gameplay for now, so this will be more of a classic VN, only in Unreal Engine so later down the road additional elements can be added.

WritingBear

May 4, 2017
Yup. Leaning away from 3rd person omniscient and more toward a single protagonist but yes, still looking. I've also shied away from real time gameplay for now, so this will be more of a classic VN, only in Unreal Engine so later down the road additional elements can be added.
Can you send me your discord?