[R>Programmer] Share Looking for a programmer to help with a Marvel comics / MCU trainer

TheBat89

Apr 6, 2017
No, it won't be another Doctor Doom game. Essentially, you'll manage your own growing criminal empire, date super villainesses, and corrupt superheroines (and the women in the lives of superheroes). I have a design document I've been tinkering with over the last few months, which I'll send to anyone in a PM that's interested in helping with the project.

I'm looking for a programmer and I don't really care much about the engine, so long as you think it can handle reactivity and branching well. I could probably do this in RPG Maker myself but I don't think that engine would benefit the game and it would probably just annoy players. It'll mainly be text-based at first, maybe with some MCU-based avatars & images, but later I'd like to get an artist (or someone good with AI generation) to do original images for the game.

I'm not looking for this to be a fast-paced, fully professional project at the start. For the time being just a couple hours of work a month when we have free time would be fine with me. As for payment, if after we get a good chunk of the game done and people seem to like it and want to support it I'd be fine with creating a SubscribeStar account or something similar and splitting it 50/50.

To summarize, I'm looking for a programmer to help with a Marvel trainer game, that we'd work on whenever our schedules let us. If you're interested then post below and I'll send you the design document I've been messing with.

YGPyszvN16fDfGhp

Oct 15, 2022
No, it won't be another Doctor Doom game. Essentially, you'll manage your own growing criminal empire, date super villainesses, and corrupt superheroines (and the women in the lives of superheroes). I have a design document I've been tinkering with over the last few months, which I'll send to anyone in a PM that's interested in helping with the project.

I'm looking for a programmer and I don't really care much about the engine, so long as you think it can handle reactivity and branching well. I could probably do this in RPG Maker myself but I don't think that engine would benefit the game and it would probably just annoy players. It'll mainly be text-based at first, maybe with some MCU-based avatars & images, but later I'd like to get an artist (or someone good with AI generation) to do original images for the game.

I'm not looking for this to be a fast-paced, fully professional project at the start. For the time being just a couple hours of work a month when we have free time would be fine with me. As for payment, if after we get a good chunk of the game done and people seem to like it and want to support it I'd be fine with creating a SubscribeStar account or something similar and splitting it 50/50.

To summarize, I'm looking for a programmer to help with a Marvel trainer game, that we'd work on whenever our schedules let us. If you're interested then post below and I'll send you the design document I've been messing with.
I would like to help if I can.

lebronnba78

Dec 24, 2022
sorry i dont have the skills to help you but i want to know if the project is still in progress and eventually the name of the game thx

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Game has potential, just like Something unlimited did great but I think the artwork is the most important part of a game like this. Everything else comes second. That's why sharewise it could never be 50/50 between you and the programmer as the artist would also need a cut. Or you would need to make a lot of money with a text based game (at least to me this seems unlikely) so you could pay the artist money down.

I wish you luck with the project though, would love to play it once there's some content to it (including art).

Reactions: maelstromragex

NoNutMan

Nov 27, 2023
Hey I'd be interested in doing art for the game. You mentioned how you'll do that later but I'm willing to do it for free if your design document looks solid enough. PM me if you might be interested

Reactions: ihl86