[R>Writer] Share Looking for a writer for a game about famous anime characters

alialexal

Sep 7, 2023
Project:
- The project is still in the brainstorming stage, so you would have a big creative freedom about the plot and characters. The only things that are set are that the game will have a similar gameplay mechanics as hole house and it will feature famous anime characters. We're a small team only consisting of me, the game developer and an artist and we are looking to expand with a writer.

Developer:
- I am a medior web developer with 3 years of experience, I made a couple personal game projects.

Looking for:
- Writer

Employment Type:
- Revenue Share, after the demo is done we'll set up a Patreon page and split the income.

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord: alialexalia feel free to DM me for more details.

Job Description:
- Looking for someone who can write dialogs and and steer the overarching storyline.
Here's a list of the characters we had in mind, for the demo we'd use only like 3 of them, we'll go with the ones that goes the best with the story you'll come up with. Also we're open to discussions if you want to suggest other characters.

Nami, Nico Robin, Hancock Boa (One Piece) Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon) Mikasa Ackerman, Sasha Braus (Attack On Titan) Saber (Fate) (Someone from Mihoyo games) Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop) Ryūko Matoi, Satsuki Kiryūin (Kill la Kill) Rukia Kuchiki, Rangiku Matsumoto (Bleach) Misato Katsuragi (Evangelion) Darkness, Aqua (Konosuba) Shinobu Kocho (Demon Slayer) Fubuki (One-Punch Man) Rem (Re:Zero) Lucy Heartfilia, Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail) Zelda (The Legend of Zelda) (edited)

Additional comments:
- Here's the portfolio of the artist who works on this project:

Reactions: Third Leg

wariodude128

Apr 6, 2023
Does it have to feature anime characters? I mean, if you're envisioning the game to be similar to Hole House, then the result will be accused not without merit of being a clone. See the most recent release of Enchanted Portals being called a Cuphead clone for why that's probably a bad idea.

Instead, I propose an alternate idea of making an original IP where you collect human looking monsters and can do any number of things with them including "that". If this idea has you curious, I call it Hothumon and have written a slightly all-over-the-place seven page outline for how the game would work. DM me here or find me as wariodude128 on Discord for more details.

alialexal

Sep 7, 2023
Thank you for your input but I'm not interested in your idea. I wrote that the mechanics will be similar to hole house, I never mentioned anything about the plot. I want a very different storyline and interaction between the characters. Good luck with making hothumon a reality

wariodude128

Apr 6, 2023
Thing is, with a game like Hole House, the mechanics ARE the plot. Especially if the plan is to make it goal based. I again implore you to do something original lest the game made gets dismissed as a "Cheap Imitation Hole House Clone".