Looking for a Writer

redridr86

Jun 7, 2018
I am wanting to try creating a visual novel. I think i can do most of it but the writing part. I am more into the sci-fi stuff like dreams of desire and Harem Villa. If some one can help that would be great.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
It might help if you could share some images you've created and tell folks a bit about your background regarding coding if you are looking to do art and coding for your proposed project.

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
If you are still into hit me with a PM. I won't write it for you, I'll help you guide through the initial phase. I'm into writing stories like ~10 years. I had some experience.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Same here, I like to write stories, but just writing for my own enjoyment and for others' consumption is a big difference. A guideline or idea of where you'd like the story to go would be super helpful.

mike5000

Nov 26, 2017
hi there, im able to write a story for a game, create the plot , all i need is a general idea about what do you want in the game ,

i do this as a hobby , i used to write for my own enjoyment too, but it will be nice to see my thoughts reflected in a game

greetings

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Considering it's been almost 2 weeks now and this thread's OP was their only post on the site, I have a feeling we probably won't be hearing back. For those interested in writing though, you could always work on your own project. makes it pretty easy to come up with a basic text-based game with minimal to no scripting (depending on how complicated you want to make things). Getting such a game out would be a great way of promoting yourself as a game writer who can be taken serious when looking to collaborate with a team.

Twine is pretty nice to work with, it gives you a flow chart style node editor, where each node is a chunk of the story. To add/link to another node, just add a link to the text along the lines of:
Code:
[[Go to the next bit.->Next Bit]]
Where the text before the arrow (->) is what gets displayed, and the text after it is the name of the new node/scene the link leads to. It's as simple as that. You can also do some text formatting to pretty things up, add in images and do some simple scripting to set and test variable flags pretty easily following some tutorials on their site.

mike5000

Nov 26, 2017
Considering it's been almost 2 weeks now and this thread's OP was their only post on the site, I have a feeling we probably won't be hearing back. For those interested in writing though, you could always work on your own project. makes it pretty easy to come up with a basic text-based game with minimal to no scripting (depending on how complicated you want to make things). Getting such a game out would be a great way of promoting yourself as a game writer who can be taken serious when looking to collaborate with a team.

Twine is pretty nice to work with, it gives you a flow chart style node editor, where each node is a chunk of the story. To add/link to another node, just add a link to the text along the lines of:
Code:
[[Go to the next bit.->Next Bit]]
Where the text before the arrow (->) is what gets displayed, and the text after it is the name of the new node/scene the link leads to. It's as simple as that. You can also do some text formatting to pretty things up, add in images and do some simple scripting to set and test variable flags pretty easily following some tutorials on their site.
thank you , i will try it , but to be honest , in my case i need some inspiration to let my thoughts fly ,

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Inspiration can come from many places. A lot of my ideas have either been loosely based off interesting dreams I've had or sparks that hit me while talking and joking around with friends about various topics. You can also even turn to random generators to see if you can come across something that'll get you going:

The stuff you'll find on the above links are more geared towards standard games, but there are also generators out there for stories as well:

There are plenty more out there you can find with a quick google search, these are just a few to get you started. I generally have more ideas than I know what to do with, so I haven't put any of the story generators to use, though I used the first of those game idea gens before during a game jam that was focused around using it as the jam's central gimmick.

Then if none of that helps, you could also look to your favorite games, books, movies, etc. Start analyzing them to see what you like and dislike about them. Think of ways you would improve on the story or different settings and characters that could be replaced to make things more interesting and see if anything lights a fire in your belly to start writing.