[R>Writer] Paid Looking for additional writer(s) for Succubus Stories.

outsider artisan

Developer of Succubus Stories.
Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
NO LONGER LOOKING

Project:
Succubus Stories ( ) ( )

Developer:
Outsider Artisan ( ) ( )

Looking for:
One or two content writers.

Employment Type:
This is a freelance/gig position for now; I'll order some content and pay when it's provided. If we work well together, as the project grows, I'm open to a longer-term, more equal partnership. I don't have the finances to support such a thing right now, though, and may never.

Work commitment:
About a dozen hours a month, depending on how fast you can write the content, but it can vary. The first job probably won't come until December.

Preferred method of contact:
Apply via email. . Feel free to ask questions here, though :).

Job Description:
When my reaches $150, I have the goal to hire at least one additional content writer to help me generate more content! I haven't hit that yet, but I'm on track to hit that goal sometime in November, so I want to get ahead of it and start looking at samples and applications now, since it may take a while to find someone. I will "order" content from you no more than once a month, and you will be responsible to develop an "event" or "scene" from concept to final draft within a certain deadline. The pay is roughly $10 per 1000 words, but may be more or less as I'm intending to mostly pay per event and scene generated instead of by the word.

Additional comments:
Please read the document carefully, it should go into pretty exacting detail in terms of what I'm looking for. I highly recommend you spend a bit playing the game in question as well to make sure it's something you're actually interested in and for getting a sense for what sort of content I'm looking for.[/B][/B]

Last edited:

Faahresc

Professional Writer
May 30, 2020
The budget is quite low for a professional writer, but with the amount you offer, it's possible to find at least an intermediate or amateur writer for your project. Your offer is acceptable to people of this level. I hope you can find a writer as soon as you want and as you wish. I wish you the best and good luck with the project.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
The budget is quite low for a professional writer, but with the amount you offer, it's possible to find at least an intermediate or amateur writer for your project. Your offer is acceptable to people of this level. I hope you can find a writer as soon as you want and as you wish. I wish you the best and good luck with the project.
Thanks, I'm aware it's low. It's probably a only a bit better than minimum wage, so I don't expect professionals to be kicking down my door. I don't think a lot of adult game devs can support professional writers (or any professional staff at professional pay levels, really). I can't even pay myself. On some level I expect the writers who hang around here to be aware of that and be interested in the subject matter and such enough that the pay isn't a deal breaker. We'll see though.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Hey, I just started playing SS last night, so maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but I have some slight writing ability that I wouldn't mind making a little money with, so I wanted to see if you were still looking for writers. If so, I'd be happy to chat with you about what's expected (type of scenes, deadlines, etc.).

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Hey, I just started playing SS last night, so maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but I have some slight writing ability that I wouldn't mind making a little money with, so I wanted to see if you were still looking for writers. If so, I'd be happy to chat with you about what's expected (type of scenes, deadlines, etc.).
Sorry, I'm no longer looking for additional writers. It went so poorly I have no intention of working with writers ever again. I'll update the thread to reflect that when I have more time. I appreciate the interest, though, and I hope you enjoy the game.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Wow, are you a complete solo act? You do all the art and programming yourself too?

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Wow, are you a complete solo act? You do all the art and programming yourself too?
For the most part yes. I didn't do the music and I recently commissioned a hand-drawn art set as another art option for players, which will be coming to the patron edition this month.