Daz Looking for advices on Daz

Kuroyan

Jul 23, 2017
Hello,

I've been playing multiple games thanks to this forum for a few years now and I've been trying to build my own game focused mainly on hypnosis.

After trying a few engine, I've been thinking of using Daz Studio and as such I've been somewhat playing with it for a few days.

I am still having some troubles over a few aspect of the game and as such I would like to ask if some people used to using the software could spare some time to provide me with some advices on how to properly build scenes, improve my renders and answer a few other questions.

If you are available and use Discord, please send me a private message with your discord ID.

Thanks

Chaste Degenerate

This Space for Rent
Game Developer
May 12, 2020
Interesting, I have 2 games in development that involve a type of hypnotic persuasion. A kind of subtle ability, not overt control, at least not initially.

Anyway I am also fairly new to Daz, and I have been spending my free time going through tutorials. Not sure if this would be what you are looking for, but I have liked the person below's videos. Opens YouTube link with the first video, and a list of 18 total videos total on getting started with Daz Studio:

At the top of his channel he has a set of responses to viewer questions for Daz:

He does have a video he streamed where he built a coffee shop scene live. I haven't watched that one yet, but about to.

A set of videos I was going through was by Thundorn, but the previous videos seemed to have more structure. Also I think the previous person is more of an expert. But I am going to go back through his list of videos again:

CatNip23

Game Developer
May 13, 2020
Aside from WP Guru and Thundorn, I would also like to recomend Parmy Baddhan's youtube channel:

His first 3 videos were the first thing I saw about DAZ. He also has a nice video about metal shaders:

For beginners is a nice resource.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
You don't have to stick to Daz only tutorials for stuff like composition, scene building, lightning set-ups, etc. They are much less about the program used and more about what to look out for. You could even look into photography tutorials, they often bring up good points to make a scene look more alive or better composite.