[R>Artist 2D] Share Looking for an additional artist for a 2D fantasy parody project [game + manga]

Mow.Mow.Mow.

Oct 10, 2022
Project

I'm not willing to discuss the title of the project here or exactly what it's about, but I can tell you some details about it. Ok never mind, I hesitantly decided to reveal the working title of the project in a comment below.

Quick note #1: it's not another Harry Potter project. :p
Quick note #2: each some bump posts contain additional information about the project.

The game will feature themes of corruption amongst various others. It is based in a college/academy (we aged up the characters belonging to the content that we are basing the game on, which means that it's now a college & not a school & that all characters are at least 18 & up). The game will feature a mix of existing characters & original characters. The gameplay itself will be based on the decision & romance/friendship segments of the Persona game series (3+), which means that the player will make decisions each day over the course of 2 terms (1 in-game year) that will progress time & their relationship/friendship status towards the main NPC characters, such as students & teachers. I will potentially provide more information &/or grant you access to our game design document on click-up & our Discord server; if we agree to work together.

Potential content tags: optional male or female MC (fingers crossed on the latter), harem, corruption, inappropriate relationships, lesbian, lezdom, humiliation, bdsm, watersports, incest, mind control, magical girls, fantasy creatures/monsters/elements, voyeurism, futa, oral, vaginal, anal, insertions, gaping, food, an assortment of ethnicities & body types, young adult to middle-aged cast. 99% all-female cast - oh & probably a good bit of NTR thrown in on top (I strive to please the snowflakes on here).

Quick note: it will not contain any graphic violence or loli content.

Developer

I am an experienced game developer with 10+ years of experience. I work exclusively with the Visionaire Studio game engine. I've done plenty of freelance work for SFW games, but unfortunately, I've only worked on a small handful of NSFW game projects as there are not many adult game developers using Visionaire Studio - yet. I have some experience with various other game engines too, but I specialize in Visionaire Studio.

My role would be general development, scripting, project management & writing - in other words taking the texts & the assets, putting it all together & turning it into a playable game.

(SFW)

Looking for

Artist: I am looking for a 2D artist that specializes in various styles of anime/manga art, from rough sketch to chibi to more realistic, with a fast turnaround &/or at the very least, passionate about drawing & are willing to potentially work long-term on a game project that will most likely span over multiple years. I'm a big fan of hand-drawn pencil/watercolor-looking artwork, but the manga/doujinshi can be in color or black & white, or mostly even line art with minimal shading or dot shading - I'm fine either way

We already have another artist working on the game, but 2 are better than 1, & it could help speed things up significantly. To be honest I'm really after someone to potentially work on some short manga/doujinshi skits (single/multi-page) to help promote the project & also potentially work on various other art-based rewards for patrons. I am particularly interested in creating short skits that are in the same vein asなんでここに先生が!?】 (Nande koko ni sensei ga!?) aka , among other types of skits based around particular themes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Obviously, you would also be able to help out with the game art & various other things too, as there will be plenty to do.

Quick note: I will not accept AI art, as I could generate that myself, but it's ok if you use it as a reference tool to help out with your drawings.

Employment Type

Initially free to get started as I'm unfortunately currently broke & lack the funds to pay for freelance work upfront. The idea here is that we would create a prototype, which consists of maybe 1-3 scenes, some portraits, dialogs, & maybe 1 h-scene, then see if we can crowdfund it on patreon, subscribestar, etc. & go from there - I've already setup the accounts, but I currently lack the content to promote them.

Whatever we get from patreon, subscribestar, etc. would be split equally between the 3 of us - but again, we are starting from nothing, so don't come into this expecting to make any money upfront or in the immediate future as it's a long term project that will hopefully build up a fan base over time.

I am also willing to teach you the basics of Visionaire Studio (maybe share some of my own tips & tricks too) in exchange for work, so that you can learn how to make your own games with it.

Work commitment

Nothing too drastic at first. Whatever time you can spare each day/week, but if the project is well received, that might change, so we'll just have to play it by ear & see.

Preferred method of contact

Discord: Bleh#8497
Time Zone
: UTC + 2 (around most afternoons/evenings)

Quick note: I don't really check in here very often, so Discord is the best way to contact me.

Job Description

See Looking For, but just in case you can't be bothered to scroll back up...

• creating artwork for the manga/doujinshi side project
  • creating artwork for patron rewards
  • working on art/animation for the game as well; if possible, which could involve characters, backgrounds, props, line art, coloring, etc.

Additional comments

If you have any other skills to bring to the table, such as animating (spine, dragonbones, live2D), or you have experience as a writer, or you just happen to be a polyglot, then that would be amazing; but if not, no worries.

Ideally, it would be great if you are a native English speaker/writer, or have a decent grasp of English, but it's not super important as I have the Deepl translator app installed on my pc.

Last edited:

Mow.Mow.Mow.

Oct 10, 2022
Ok, here are a few more details about the project...

We have spent the past few months or so researching, planning, discussing & typing up the game design document for this project, which includes: character bio sheets + back stories, gameplay mechanics, plot ideas & some lore - there are a lot of sources for us to take inspiration from as the subject we have based the game on has a lot of source material, from books to multiple tv series, spin-offs, a movie, & there was even an anime series that I'm sure was probably inspired by the novels; as there are too many similarities, but anyway...

I can tell you that it's set in an all-girls school/college. There are magical elements involved - possibly even monsters/fantasy creatures. I have written up bio sheets & backstories for both a male & female MC (it was suggested to me that we should probably start with the man as it would probably appeal to more players to play as a man; the female route would be more interesting - to me at least).

Why did I pick the subject for the game? To be honest, I originally came on here to ask for help with a series of short stories. I managed to put a small team together, but it didn't pan out as people's lives kept getting in the way & things were progressing too slowly for something that was supposed to be quick & simple-ish (there's no such thing as quick & easy when it comes to game development as there's always complications that arise in some form or other) & out of frustration I ended up pitching my larger project idea to one of the artists & we started working on that on the side until the short story project just seemed to fizzle out of existence & then we put all of our focus onto this project instead.

Originally this project was not meant to be a parody project as I had something else in mind, but a little while back I was feeling nostalgic & on a whim decided to watch some of the tv shows I'd watched when I was much younger & I thought that one of them I'd watched would potentially work well as the basis of an adult content parody game as it already has the perfect antagonist in it & a plot that could be used to kickstart a game featuring corruption - the MC is actually inspired by a character from another novel/series, but hey... nothing's original in this day & age. :rolleyes: Anyway, I saw how well some of the parody projects are doing on patreon, etc. & decided to take the basic premise of my original idea & use it for a parody project of something that I personally enjoyed & grew up watching. The artist was very enthusiastic about the project & wanted me to outright ditch the short story project - I haven't ditched it entirely, but it's been put on the back burner for now.

Oops, I probably overshared.

Mow.Mow.Mow.

Oct 10, 2022
Ok, one more hint...

The current working title for the project is "Best Witches", which is a play of words of the original content title. If you think you've figured out what content our project is based on, then please keep it to yourselves as it's a parody project & we don't want to draw the wrong kind of attention to ourselves. :censored:

I have read all the books & watched all the tv series & spin-offs. I'm old enough that I used to watch the original series when it originally aired before heading off to school. I would like to say that the books pale in comparison to the Harry Potter novels as they were short & were lacking in lore & details, but the original tv series was really fun. In a way, you could say that the source material for this project is the OG Harry Potter. Snape was very likely heavily influenced by one of the characters from the books/show as they are similar in many ways.

Last edited:

rejik

Apr 1, 2023
Hi, I'm not applying but got curious about your game as I'm in the process of starting a project with similar aspects.
Anyway, I just wanted to wish you good luck and hope you''re going to make something interesting.

Mow.Mow.Mow.

Oct 10, 2022
Hi, I'm not applying but got curious about your game as I'm in the process of starting a project with similar aspects.
Anyway, I just wanted to wish you good luck and hope you''re going to make something interesting.
A'llo, similar aspects? Also cheers & good luck to you as well. ;)

Mow.Mow.Mow.

Oct 10, 2022
& the next bump...

This time, I've decided to share a wee bit about the main character(s). As I mentioned in one of my previous bumps, my ultimate end goal is to provide the player with the choice between playing as a man or a woman.

Both of the characters are original characters for the project & are in fact twins that share the same ability - which I'll talk about in a minute - but very different personalities. They come from a powerful witching family & were raised in a large estate in a quaint medieval-style Irish town. They grew up spoiled & wanting for nothing, which has skewed how they view other people that are lower in status & wealth than them.

The man loves to treat people as his personal play-things & uses his silver tongue ability to provide himself with malleable slaves to entertain himself with, that will jump at his every beck & call.

The woman comes across as reserved, shy & a little bit cold, but she has a dark side & loves dominating & humiliating weak-willed & submissive people - mostly women. She's kind of like a wolf in sheep's clothing, waiting around for easy prey.

Their silver tongue ability was actually inspired by a 90's kid's show I watched called "The Demon Headmaster", which was about an alien (or whatever he was) posing as a headmaster, who was testing out his hypnotic eye power on school kids to try to turn them into the perfect students/soldiers as a test run for him to eventually try to take over the world. However, in our case, the main characters use words that can influence weak-minded people into doing things they wouldn't normally do, but just like in The Demon Headmaster, it won't work on strong-willed people as they will be able to resist - or at least partially resist or break out of their trance like states.

I'm not trying to give away too much, but I typed up bios & short backstories for both of them, but again (sigh) we will probably be starting work on the game with only the man to start off with.

Last edited:

Mow.Mow.Mow.

Oct 10, 2022
& another bump.

I've decided to share some screenshots of the bio page belonging to one of our original characters. Unfortunately, I can't share it all as it contains sensitive information & in that regard, I've also collapsed most of the content & hidden the side panels too.

Anyway, we are currently sitting on about 80+ endless pages in our game design document currently, which go over everything from gameplay mechanics, to story ideas, to characters, to locations, & so on & so on. The character bios all contain basic information, descriptions, backstories & references to images & other things for the artists to use as a basis for the character designs (I'm not an artist myself, so I'm relying on my google skills to source the references). :p

The 2 screenshots below of our GDD in click-up is about as much as I can share with you as the rest of her bio page contains sensitive information beyond that point. There's little bits of extra information you can glean from the top bar & the GDD index bar on the left.

Anyway (again), we are still looking for a 2D manga/anime style artist to join us. It's a shared project mind & we haven't started development yet, but we would like to start soon - at least on the short manga skit side of it, as the game itself is non-linear & complicated to write & we only have the general gist of the story for that so far.

1683128417792.png
1683128878279.png

Mow.Mow.Mow.

Oct 10, 2022
& another humble "wee" bump. Would have bumped it yesterday, but my electricity has been off since early yesterday afternoon - turns out an electric cable at a house further up the road had split or something. Been a super boring 24 hours without electricity or access to the internet. Aisus!