[R>Artist 2D] Paid Looking for an artist to design Ren'py menus/splash screen

apologetik

Apr 7, 2022
Hi all!

Looking for:
- I'm looking for an artist to put some polish on a project I'm working on. I can chop things up to fit the engine, but don't trust myself to make it look too good
- This is a 3d visual novel, but I'm just looking for help with the splash imagery, start/pause/pref menus
- I'd _prefer_ if you've worked with Ren'py before or at least understand the "constraints" (eg window size/scaling)

Employment Type:
- Paid for the design/time. I'll likely be a repeat customer over time if things work out, though

Work commitment:
- Whatever works for you. I'm not in a rush, so let me know what kind of time frame makes sense once we discuss details

Preferred method of contact:
- f95zone/DM. If it goes well we will move to Discord or something

StickyWitchy

Nov 10, 2020
Hey! Love doing 2D work like menus/etc, what sort of style are you looking for in particular?
Not worked with Ren'Py yet but I'm good at getting specs/sizes for things.
I can show some examples of menu work I've done before if needed also, just dm! Thanks!

apologetik

Apr 7, 2022
Hey! Love doing 2D work like menus/etc, what sort of style are you looking for in particular?
Not worked with Ren'Py yet but I'm good at getting specs/sizes for things.
I can show some examples of menu work I've done before if needed also, just dm! Thanks!
Hey! I'm sorry, I didn't see this yesterday. I'll send ya a DM. A few people have reached out, but I'm not sure if they have time.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
What exactly are you looking to do on each of the menus? Just looking to spruce up the base designs? Completely different? Do you already have the art/png/etc. files ready to go? Are you expecting said person to make the files and put them in?

apologetik

Apr 7, 2022
What exactly are you looking to do on each of the menus? Just looking to spruce up the base designs? Completely different? Do you already have the art/png/etc. files ready to go? Are you expecting said person to make the files and put them in?
Hi MissFortune (btw, love WWJK). I'm currently working with the stock Ren'py menus. I don't have designs for them.

I can handle chopping PSDs/png/what-have-you into the proper size and format, and updating the rpy files for the layout. I'm just looking for a snazzy design on the title/logo and buttons - something cohesive.

Eventually, I want to look into making a splash "movie" but I can probably do that myself by working in AE.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Hi MissFortune (btw, love WWJK). I'm currently working with the stock Ren'py menus. I don't have designs for them.

I can handle chopping PSDs/png/what-have-you into the proper size and format, and updating the rpy files for the layout. I'm just looking for a snazzy design on the title/logo and buttons - something cohesive.
Thanks! :)

So, in a nutshell, you're currently looking to add some flair to the main menu via background images and imagebuttons? Or are you looking for work on all of the other menus, as well? Are yout just looking to add some uniqueness to it, or do you want a complete UI overhaul?

Only asking because that's what it sounds like here. Do you already have a general color scheme in mind? Do you have a background image you want to use (would make it easier to design a logo, depending on how complex you want it.) already? I'm down to help out. I've learned a fair bit recently working on my second project (here, and also ).

If you're keen on attempting it on your own, I have a video going up on my YouTube channel this morning (PST) covering how I make my main menus, though with icons instead of text-styled imagebuttons. You can watch it unlisted before it goes public, if you want.

Eventually, I want to look into making a splash "movie" but I can probably do that myself by working in AE.
Since you're not selling the splash itself, a cheap option might be a template from Envato or a website of that sort. They're not very common around here and look better than anything a mere mortal can make.

apologetik

Apr 7, 2022
So, in a nutshell, you're currently looking to add some flair to the main menu via background images and imagebuttons? Or are you looking for work on all of the other menus, as well? Are yout just looking to add some uniqueness to it, or do you want a complete UI overhaul?
Yeah, I imagine that at some point I'll need more than just the main menu (i.e. start, load, default ones), but right now it's limited to the main menu and the logo would be reused on prefs/pause menu. The idea is to get someone else's unique take on it given the gist of the game. I just don't feel like I can personally do it justice.

Only asking because that's what it sounds like here. Do you already have a general color scheme in mind? Do you have a background image you want to use (would make it easier to design a logo, depending on how complex you want it.) already? I'm down to help out. I've learned a fair bit recently working on my second project (here, and also ).

If you're keen on attempting it on your own, I have a video going up on my YouTube channel this morning (PST) covering how I make my main menus, though with icons instead of text-styled imagebuttons. You can watch it unlisted before it goes public, if you want.
Awesome! I actually have seen one or two of your videos before while perusing lewdpixels (IIRC). Kinda wild to be in a conversation with you, lol.

I'll shoot you a DM - I have something I'm currently working with, but have gotten feedback that I should cut elements out and re-render, which I'll be working on once my render queue is done for today.

Since you're not selling the splash itself, a cheap option might be a template from Envato or a website of that sort. They're not very common around here and look better than anything a mere mortal can make.
100% agreed, good point. Thank you :)