• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[R>Translator] Paid Looking for an Editor/MTLer for RPGM games

NTR Angel

Modder
Mar 17, 2021
Project:
Many RPGM projects

Developer:
patreon.com/saikey
Saikey#1767

Looking for:
Looking for an Editor/MTLer for RPGM games

Employment Type:
Paid. We will set a per line translated payment to hopefully keep working on additional games after the first one.

Work commitment:
Long term

Preferred method of contact:
Discord

Job Description:
I'm looking for a good editor/MTLer to help us translate NTR RPGM games. I'm looking for 100% Edited MTL translations and also less edited ones with only important fixes like the usual pronoun issue from MTLs.

Additional comments:
Contact me!

Last edited:

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
It might help if you describe the work expectation you have.

Example:
* You're expected to extract the dialogue texts from the game, use a MTL converter and then correct the english sentences.

Is very different from...

* You'll receive an auto-MTL-translated game & the extracted MTL script sorted by maps & events. You're expected to convert the extracted script into english prose.

The latter I might be willing to do, the former, not so much.

You should also give an idea of the rates you intend to pay.
Usual rates are 0.10$ per word, though depending on the requirements that can go up or down. As in: do you want just legible sentences? Do you want polished sentences the way they'd be in an english game? Do you want the translator to take liberties by comparing it with the actual ingame context (via playing) to ensure that it fits the scene like a glove?
How do you intend to handle situations where the MTL returns garbled nonsense and someone has to decide what's actually being said?

NTR Angel

Modder
Mar 17, 2021
It might help if you describe the work expectation you have.

Example:
* You're expected to extract the dialogue texts from the game, use a MTL converter and then correct the english sentences.

Is very different from...

* You'll receive an auto-MTL-translated game & the extracted MTL script sorted by maps & events. You're expected to convert the extracted script into english prose.

The latter I might be willing to do, the former, not so much.

You should also give an idea of the rates you intend to pay.
Usual rates are 0.10$ per word, though depending on the requirements that can go up or down. As in: do you want just legible sentences? Do you want polished sentences the way they'd be in an english game? Do you want the translator to take liberties by comparing it with the actual ingame context (via playing) to ensure that it fits the scene like a glove?
How do you intend to handle situations where the MTL returns garbled nonsense and someone has to decide what's actually being said?
I can set the whole project up for you. I'd MTL it with three different tools (Google, DeepL and Sugoi). You would have to choose the best translation out of the three (or just use them as references). Then you have to edit the text to fix pronoun issues and make it look more like natural and neutral English (Reviewing some lines together is the only way to properly explain that last aspect).
I also need lower quality editions with only pronoun fixes for quickMTL translations.

You will have to make sure every single aspect of the game is translated.

Wait... you are expecting me to pay you 1 dollar per ten words which is about a single line of text?
My rate is $25 Dollars per 1k edited lines.
If you have no idea what the MTLed text actually says, you can always ask me to directly translate the text from Japanese.

Reactions: kuraiken

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
I can set the whole project up for you. I'd MTL it with three different tools (Google, DeepL and Sugoi). You would have to choose the best translation out of the three (or just use them as references). Then you have to edit the text to fix pronoun issues and make it look more like natural and neutral English (Reviewing some lines together is the only way to properly explain that last aspect).
I also need lower quality editions with only pronoun fixes for quickMTL translations.

You will have to make sure every single aspect of the game is translated.
That's a helpful outline of the requirements.

Wait... you are expecting me to pay you 1 dollar per ten words which is about a single line of text?
My rate is $25 Dollars per 1k edited lines.
If you have no idea what the MTLed text actually says, you can always ask me to directly translate the text from Japanese.
I used as example the going translation rates you find online by googeling "translation rates per word". It's technically not an exact match, since you don't have to translate from a foreign language - but on the other hand you have to rewrite some sentences entirely or look for fitting ideoms.

For me, 25$ for 1k lines is way too little, but maybe someone else who's from a country with less expensive living standards would be interested.