Seeking Looking for Dark/Horror/(Guro?) Visual Novels

Surgemon

Aug 15, 2018
Looking to see if anybody's got a list or any recommendations of Japanese visual novels for me. The guro part isn't really necessary, but I would like something that is considered "different" from most visual novels. I'll list many visuals novels that I can think of that relates to this category. The game doesn't have to be complete, Japanese, a visual novel, or fully translated; if you know anything that may fit me, please show me.

Some Games I've Played:
Walking with Zombies
- Enjoyed the plot to this story and actually made me extremely interested about what would happen in the game.

Maggot Baits
- I believe that this one hasn't been translated yet or I've yet to find a release for it. Really enjoyed this one when I tried it with a translator.

Euphoria
- This one fits the category but I honestly thought it was a bit mediocre.

Sansha Mendan ~Rensa Suru Chijoku Choukyou no Gakuen
- Enjoyed this one

Dustmania Grotesque
Swan Song (Not really sure if this fits)
Ryakudatsusha no In'en (Really like the look of CG)
Starless (Not really sure if this fits)

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
I think jack o nine has necro, cannibal, and amputation?
Other than that, the following games are very dark:
woman defense
free cities
Claire's Quest
Overgrown - Genesis
Stationmaster
Shinobi Girl (Virus Z 2)
Parasite in City
Corruption of Champions
Incombus City
SlugsandBugs

Reactions: Dirtycoffin

Surgemon

Aug 15, 2018
I think jack o nine has necro, cannibal, and amputation?
Other than that, the following games are very dark:
woman defense
free cities
Claire's Quest
Overgrown - Genesis
Stationmaster
Shinobi Girl (Virus Z 2)
Parasite in City
Corruption of Champions
Incombus City
SlugsandBugs
Thanks for the suggestions! Though I must say that I'm really not a fan of RPGM, Side scrolling indie and text-based games. I pretty much only play Renpy or visual novel-like games. Sorry for my pickiness :giggle:

Reactions: xmehmehmehx
Feb 12, 2021
Thanks for the suggestions! Though I must say that I'm really not a fan of RPGM, Side scrolling indie and text-based games. I pretty much only play Renpy or visual novel-like games. Sorry for my pickiness :giggle:
what he said...any VNs in 3d renpy/unity/unreal format? if only maggot baits was :sleep: