Looking for discussion on change in policy re: promotion of Android ports and compressed versions

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Tried searching for this but couldn't find it. Is there a forum/thread where the elimination of links to current compressed versions of a game or Android ports of a game on the OP was discussed? These are always accompanied by a note that they aren't by the dev. To me, they are one of the big value added parts of being in this community.

Someone suggested setting your search preferences to return results by newest first. However, even doing so, there's no apparent order to the posts. This makes finding when an Android port has been released much more difficult, and can force me to read through the forums, which to be honest is not always a pleasant task.

Why eliminate these links?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Why eliminate these links?
Decision from the staff and reason, if I'm right, is, they already short-handed for too much work.
Someone suggested setting your search preferences to return results by newest first. However, even doing so, there's no apparent order to the posts. This makes finding when an Android port has been released much more difficult, and can force me to read through the forums, which to be honest is not always a pleasant task.
Sort order can be set in the user preferences and should work, at least it works for me. If not, you could bring it up in the site problems subforum.
Tried searching for this but couldn't find it. Is there a forum/thread where the elimination of links to current compressed versions of a game or Android ports of a game on the OP was discussed? These are always accompanied by a note that they aren't by the dev. To me, they are one of the big value added parts of being in this community.
You also could make a features request for this. I don't think it will change much, but it would be at least brought up (another time) to them.

Furthermore some automat-ish option should be going online soon™ and could help with that. I don't know, if that will happen before or after the the latest update pages goes out of the alpha or before or after the tag system get is overhaul, what is also something that should happen soon™.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Decision from the staff and reason, if I'm right, is, they already short-handed for too much work.

Sort order can be set in the user preferences and should work, at least it works for me. If not, you could bring it up in the site problems subforum.
I can understand that rationale. I assume that either they're working on increasing staffing, or are currently unable to do so.

And apparently I failed to save my preferences the first time I updated them; I do have sorting of search results worked out now, thanks!