[R-Play tester] Unpaid Looking for Feedback

May 18, 2019
Hello, everyone!

I believe I may have made a mistake by trying to combine my search for developers with a request for feedback on my project in the same [thread]. I’m here to rectify that and focus specifically on seeking individuals willing to playtest and provide feedback on the demo of the game I’ve been developing.

Project:
is a project I’ve been developing solo for several years now, largely out of necessity. Initially, I intended for a proper developer to handle the technical aspects, but a lack of volunteers meant I, a complete novice in game development, had to take on the task myself - and, let’s be honest, it shows.

Chronicles of Forgotten Islands, or CoFI, is a text-based 2D adventure RPG. While it was originally conceived as a NSFW game (heavily influenced by CoC2 and Lilith’s Throne in terms of gameplay), my focus has always been more on adventure and role-playing rather than on adult content. From the outset, I envisioned the NSFW elements as a secondary feature, with far less emphasis than in the aforementioned games. In the demo, there are no sexual scenes or a dedicated sex mode, as my primary focus was on developing the core gameplay and other modes, which has been quite the challenge for someone who never initially planned to develop video games.

Developer:
YetAnotherUser (Discord: _yetanotheruser)

Looking for:
Playtesters - specifically those willing to provide feedback. I’m planning to create a fresh Unity project and carefully port the demo to a newer engine version. At the same time, I’d like to address and potentially reimagine any elements that may be found lacking based on feedback.

Employment Type:
Unpaid.

Work Commitment:
Short term - I’m only asking for roughly 30 minutes of your time (or much less if you skip the dialogues and know exactly what you’re doing) and a list of suggested changes. This could include feedback on specific game systems, comments on the writing (which I’m willing to revise if needed), thoughts on the UI - anything that stands out to you as a player. As a novice developer, I’m aware I may have some biases, so a fresh perspective would be invaluable.

Preferred Method of Contact:
DMs here or via Discord (see above).

Job Description:
I’ve outlined the details above.

Additional Comments:
None.