Seeking Looking for games like The Mason Gambit

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
Found The Mason Gambit a few days ago and have really enjoyed it so far i still have 2 chapters to play so i am looking for my next game for when i finish it wondering if there are any other games like it.
Main things i like is the mc is actually nice and isn't a douche the girls don't spread their legs the first time you see them and it is story focused and not all about sex and who will the mc fuck next.

If anyone has any recommendations i would appreciate it.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Have you tried Mad World? (Edit: link's in my fan sig, btw. Just click on the banner)
  • Not sure what you mean by "nice" but he seems like a regular guy. If I had to describe it, it's like a "Zero to Hero" kind of story. I think there's a mechanic that lets you choose what kind of person you lean towards but so far, it feels like the game encourages you to be good.
  • A good cast of characters. You can get scenes with a few of them but it's not like they're pouncing on his dick the moment they meet. Good lead ups to the actual scenes, etc.
  • Pretty good story. It's like living a double life. Half the time it's this modern magic fantasy combat-theme and the other half is a lonely guy integrating himself into a group of friends (non-magic people), slowly crawling out of depression. The way the two sides mix and mingle with each other sometimes is done in a pretty satisfying way so far. I highly recommend it.
  • Only caveat is that the dev is a one-man team and he does it part-time. Updates take a pretty long ass time. Still, there's already a lot of content. A LOT. This is one of the reasons why I'm recommending it. I want to spread this as much as possible so the dev can get more support and maybe eventually go full-time.
Also, A Father's Sins
  • Dude's literally trying to save the world from demons and he's pretty much the nicest person in the room (relatively speaking).
  • There's maybe only 1 or 2 characters with sex scenes so far. One of them, you can get a scene pretty quickly but it's a pretty slow burn for everyone else.
  • Pretty gripping story. Had me playing for a week straight trying to get caught up on it. Wasn't even concerned about potential sex scenes for the most part.
I feel like there's more but those are just the ones off the top of my head. I also took a really quick glance at your recommendation list and you already have some of the other ones I'd recommend.

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
Have you tried Mad World? (Edit: link's in my fan sig, btw. Just click on the banner)
  • Not sure what you mean by "nice" but he seems like a regular guy. If I had to describe it, it's like a "Zero to Hero" kind of story. I think there's a mechanic that lets you choose what kind of person you lean towards but so far, it feels like the game encourages you to be good.
  • A good cast of characters. You can get scenes with a few of them but it's not like they're pouncing on his dick the moment they meet. Good lead ups to the actual scenes, etc.
  • Pretty good story. It's like living a double life. Half the time it's this modern magic fantasy combat-theme and the other half is a lonely guy integrating himself into a group of friends (non-magic people), slowly crawling out of depression. The way the two sides mix and mingle with each other sometimes is done in a pretty satisfying way so far. I highly recommend it.
  • Only caveat is that the dev is a one-man team and he does it part-time. Updates take a pretty long ass time. Still, there's already a lot of content. A LOT. This is one of the reasons why I'm recommending it. I want to spread this as much as possible so the dev can get more support and maybe eventually go full-time.
Also, A Father's Sins
  • Dude's literally trying to save the world from demons and he's pretty much the nicest person in the room (relatively speaking).
  • There's maybe only 1 or 2 characters with sex scenes so far. One of them, you can get a scene pretty quickly but it's a pretty slow burn for everyone else.
  • Pretty gripping story. Had me playing for a week straight trying to get caught up on it. Wasn't even concerned about potential sex scenes for the most part.
I feel like there's more but those are just the ones off the top of my head. I also took a really quick glance at your recommendation list and you already have some of the other ones I'd recommend.
What I mean with "nice" is the mc isn't an asshole a lot of the games on here the mc is considered the good guy but comes across as a complete asshole in dialogue.

I have looked at Mad World before never played it just looking at the cover picture for it it makes it look like a run of the mill AVN focusing on sex over everything else but from what you said I will try it out and see if I like it.

A Father's Sins is on my list to try I have just been hesitant to actually try it based on the devs other games. I may try it but if it's like the devs other game The Professor then I will most likely not like it that much.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
What I mean with "nice" is the mc isn't an asshole a lot of the games on here the mc is considered the good guy but comes across as a complete asshole in dialogue.
Hmm, I see. I also never tried Mason Gambit so I'm not sure what the MC is like. Making it hard to compare.

I have looked at Mad World before never played it just looking at the cover picture for it it makes it look like a run of the mill AVN focusing on sex over everything else but from what you said I will try it out and see if I like it.

A Father's Sins is on my list to try I have just been hesitant to actually try it based on the devs other games. I may try it but if it's like the devs other game The Professor then I will most likely not like it that much.
Yea, you definitely should at least give it a shot. My impression of Mad World was the story kept my attention more than any potential sex scenes. This is just my opinion but I definitely don't think Mad World is one of those VNs that you said focus on the sex part over everything else. In some ways, it feels like it integrates it naturally into the story. If that makes sense.

Never tried The Professor. Looked kind of boring from the screenshots. Sorry, I don't really know whether it might be the same. All I know is that I liked what I played so far. Admittedly, it's the lack of sex scenes so far that has me holding off until there's more updates. I think the dev even stated there was no way to insert those kinds of scenes without doing it awkwardly at the expense of the story.

Yea, sorry. I don't really have much frame of reference when it comes to certain games. I rarely ever try out other VNs these days let alone keep playing many at this point. I've been kind of losing interest in this medium for a while now. I just wanted to share some titles that I still like which may fit your criteria.