Seeking Looking for games with lots of non-humanoid monsters/aliens/beasts/creatures

Xol

Sep 11, 2017
I'd like to put together a little list of any decent games with non-human-like monsters/alien and/or beast content. Preferably mostly that kind of stuff. And for the record orcs, goblins, etc. don't really count because they're typically just green humanlike creatures with minimal tweaks. Furries are fine but for the purpose of this thread I'd prefer to lean more towards less humaoid things, unless they're extra weird (ie. faceless, extra limbs, other weird stuff, etc.). Monster girls are overdone and don't count either.

Tentacles and slimes are good, but it's better if they're varied a fair bit. Plant-creatures are good too. Robots/machines are okay but I prefer creatures. Beast and bug content is also good. But the best would be interesting alien-looking creature designs. Even if they have humanoid traits, as long as they're suitably strange and mutant-looking to not just look like a human with a skin condition and some props.

Mainly looking for games with animated scenes, especially 2d sprite stuff, but any decent animation is appreciated. Failing that, suitably well-written text scenes are okay as long as they tick all the other boxes or I can somehow edit them.

Some good examples of ones I already know of that have some of what I'm looking for:

DiBS

Anthophobia - yeah there's some humanoid stuff but also lots of twisted stuff.

Potion Shop Schwesterherz - has some good creature stuff

Barrage - couldn't handle the gameplay personally, but thank goodness for saves from more skilled players- this game has a LOT of fantastic non-humanoid spritesex. Honestly one of my benchmarks for good sprite h-content. Yeah there's some somewhat anthropomorphic monsters but they're suitably non-human-looking. And there's still a bunch of non-humanoid ones as well.

Dark Star - animations could be smoother/better quality, but the creature designs are a lot more interesting. Shame there aren't as many though.

And here's the tricky bit: preferably no pregnancy/egg-laying stuff. Or at least nothing that focuses on that. I don't know why there's such a huge overlap between these things, but it's frustrating.

Oh and also the games should have some kind of gallery or another. Kurovadis had a fair bit of nonhuman monsters IIRC but sadly still hasn't been given a decent gallery feature, much to my dismay.

If I can get enough suggestions of games along these lines, I'll update the list for others. As far as I know, a list for this kind of content doesn't exist yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerro

Xol

Sep 11, 2017
Yeah, I'm familiar with those two.

Eve is decent but not the best example because of the number of (admittedly kinda freaky looking, but still rather basic) humanoid creatures. My favorite from Eve are actually those basic early flying creatures, heh. The xenomorphs are alright too though.

Dark Star's animations aren't as high-quality, but the creature designs are far more interesting, so I'll definitely add that one. Just a shame it has a lot fewer monsters than Eve.

Thanks for the reply!

n0Yx

Mar 23, 2019
Yeah, I'm familiar with those two.

Eve is decent but not the best example because of the number of (admittedly kinda freaky looking, but still rather basic) humanoid creatures. My favorite from Eve are actually those basic early flying creatures, heh. The xenomorphs are alright too though.

Dark Star's animations aren't as high-quality, but the creature designs are far more interesting, so I'll definitely add that one. Just a shame it has a lot fewer monsters than Eve.

Thanks for the reply!
Another option is this with humanoid like slugs creatures but is more a visual novel to click with scenes https://f95zone.to/threads/creature-reaction-inside-the-ship-v1-52-arekara4nen.99420/ and the sequel https://f95zone.to/threads/creature-reaction-inside-the-ship-2-v1-00-arekara4nen.99422/

Xol

Sep 11, 2017

Xol

Sep 11, 2017
Fallen Doll: Operation Lovecraft
Wild Life
The Last Barbarian
You can also try your luck with the "monster" tag if you didn't do so already.
Fallen Doil- Oh jeeze, I'd forgotten that one! Seems I haven't checked in on it in a while. Shame it's not so well optimized. Still, thanks for reminding me!

Wilf Life- has some good furry content, but not much else. I do appreciate the sandbox mode, though.

Last Barbarian- I remember trying this one ages ago. From what I recall, aren't most of the sex scenes with humans/humanoids?