Seeking Looking for games with turn-based combat where you can't "miss"

winini

Jan 10, 2019
Not many things in gaming, frustrate me more than that "you missed" message when you attack an enemy in RPG with turn-based combat. So i am wondering if there are games in which missing a hit in combat is just not a thing?

And in general, i am looking for games were as little as possible depends on your luck.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Yes, RNGsus can suck a fat one. Unfortunately, western RPGs are still influenced by tabletop board games, where you literally roll dice for almost every action. I know a bunch of non-ero-games that have minimal RNG in the combat (and I'll list them if you ask), but for ero-games that are turn-based and you can never miss on an action, there's not too much I can think of.

Corrupted Saviors is, afaik, 100% deterministic in combat except possibly the Fantasize action. Text-based, but good quality gameplay and moral degeneration fetish.

Reactions: winini

winini

Jan 10, 2019
Yes, RNGsus can suck a fat one. Unfortunately, western RPGs are still influenced by tabletop board games, where you literally roll dice for almost every action. I know a bunch of non-ero-games that have minimal RNG in the combat (and I'll list them if you ask), but for ero-games that are turn-based and you can never miss on an action, there's not too much I can think of.

Corrupted Saviors is, afaik, 100% deterministic in combat except possibly the Fantasize action. Text-based, but good quality gameplay and moral degeneration fetish.
Yes, please list them. The only one i know of, is South Park: The Fractured but Whole, The game shows you how much damage your attack will do before you use it. There was an eroge that did the same, but i can't remember the name of it.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Yes, please list them. The only one i know of, is South Park: The Fractured but Whole, The game shows you how much damage your attack will do before you use it. There was an eroge that did the same, but i can't remember the name of it.

Turn-based games with no RNG in your attacks:

Into the Breach
Warhammer 40k: Gladius - Relics of War (Chaos faction has a bit of RNG in some of their mechanics)
Hard West
Phantom Doctrine
Thea 2 (iirc)

Games with (relatively minor) RNG component for damage, and guaranteed hits:

Civilization 5 + Beyond Earth
Order of Battle
Age of Wonders 3 (spells have RNG though). Not Planetfall, sadly.

winini

Jan 10, 2019
Turn-based games with no RNG in your attacks:

Into the Breach
Warhammer 40k: Gladius - Relics of War (Chaos faction has a bit of RNG in some of their mechanics)
Hard West
Phantom Doctrine
Thea 2 (iirc)

Games with (relatively minor) RNG component for damage, and guaranteed hits:

Civilization 5 + Beyond Earth
Order of Battle
Age of Wonders 3 (spells have RNG though). Not Planetfall, sadly.
Thanks a lot!

Where RNG is hiding in Hard West? In Into the Breach it's in the fact that enemies spawns in random places on the map. is it the same in Hard West? What's the catch?

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Thanks a lot!

Where RNG is hiding in Hard West? In Into the Breach it's in the fact that enemies spawns in random places on the map. is it the same in Hard West? What's the catch?
Haven't played it in years, but iirc it's probably the most deterministic RPG I've played. I don't think there's anything random in the game except the cards you get that you can set and use in combat and maybe some of the abilities they give. irrc the maps and missions are premade and the only variables are what you bring into them in terms of team, gear and cards.

winini

Jan 10, 2019
Haven't played it in years, but iirc it's probably the most deterministic RPG I've played. I don't think there's anything random in the game except the cards you get that you can set and use in combat and maybe some of the abilities they give. irrc the maps and missions are premade and the only variables are what you bring into them in terms of team, gear and cards.
I played Hard West a little, and when you choose a target to shoot, it says "hit chance 30%" judging by that you can miss.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I played Hard West a little, and when you choose a target to shoot, it says "hit chance 30%" judging by that you can miss.
That's misleading. iirc the hit "chance" is how much Luck the enemy will lose when you shoot (and is affected by the usual things like range). If they have more Luck than the displayed hit chance, you miss. If they have less, you hit and they restore some Luck.