Looking for help - HS2 / Studio NEO V2

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
Hello everyone!

I am creating characters for my Ren'Py game in Honey Select 2 and Studio NEO V2 .
I finished some good stuff, created few very pretty characters, but now I need help with exporting.

What I want is following things:
  • Transparent background on images exported from Studio Neo V2 for Ren'Py. I have my own way to work with that images here and I don't want make bunch of screens with every character.
  • Way to export video sequences from Honey Select 2 / Studio NEO V2 to suitable format for Ren'Py. I seen plugin for HS but unfortunatelly this doesn't work in my case.

I have played many games from here and I must say: Amounts of downloaded data is enormous for someone who have low FUP. I am working on way to create good game with high resolution images WITHOUT losing quality but still with low filesize to download. And of course if someone have older version, I may simply create update packages, so they can download only the last update, append it to game dir and play newest content without downloading massive ammount of junk data.

If someone know how to help me with HS2, please feel free to show your experiences. For other: Please don't bother yourself with posting links to stuff you don't understand.

Thanks

Moccasin's Mirror

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
I'm here for the video part too, I was about to make the same thread, the closest thing I can find was this one which in theory works for every illusion game, but I can't make it work. I mean people said it should work, but nobody was saying that it worked.

DarkSaulo

Oct 4, 2022
About the picture without background you need the "Screenshot Manager" mod for it to work like that.
On Studio Neo press F1 and search for it.
1694020162646.png
You have to enable the Alpha, that means that your images are going to be without background.
You can copy my configurations to get really good results but I am going to explain what things do to make it clear for you.

To make a screenshot use the F11 instead of F9, F11 is going to be a Render, a render has better quality than a simple screenshot.

Alpha is the background color, Enabling alpha means there is no background, alpha is the same as transparency.

AO is the "Ambient Oclussion", it's the effect of shadows that makes 3D effect.

The screenshot Height and Width are going to be the final size of your render, in my case I used the 4k scale, but you can search for them on the internet.

Both Shadow cascade and resolution work to improve the shadows on the final render, configurate them depending on your computer.

And the Upsampling ratio is going to multiply your render size for example in my case it is going to be 3 times 4K render, so it is going to take a 2160 x 3, 3840 x 3, render, translated to 6840 x 11520 size. After that it is going to resize it to your original final render size, this is useful to improve the quality of samller things like shadows, hair and other stuff that may look weird in a normal render but improve when resized from a bigger image.

Reactions: cptboofy