[R>Programmer] Paid Unpaid Looking for HTML/JavaScript Coder for Sugarcube game

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Project:
- HTML based business management game with adult themes. Think along the lines of Whoremaker

Looking for:
- HTML / Javascript coder who is comfortable developing within SugarCube and is use to working with lots of arrays and variables (see above game).

Employment Type:
- Paid or unpaid (This is more of a passion project but happy to pay for the right person/price).

Work commitment:
- I do expect a fast turn-around as there isn't a lot of coding involved probably under 2000 lines of actual code looking at other similar games and prior experience. I feel knowing how everything links would be the only factor that would slow down the development as you may want to confirm with me...

Preferred method of contact:
- Contact me through here, happy to discuss in more detail over Zoom or other platform.

Job Description:
Development of following elements:
* Building Management screen (Specify what days per week business is open, increase building space, Show previous months income/expences)
* Facility management screen ( Purchase facilities if you have the building space for it, upgrade rooms, change decor of room)
* Staff recruitment (display people with random stats the player can recruit from)
* Staff management screen (display staff info, renegotiate the number of days they work, fire them)
* Staff timetable (Depending how many days per week that staff member works the player will need to allocate them to a room each day)
* Event System (for random events)
* Event System (for staff events - such as birthdays where their stats will change)
* Event System (for story elements)
* Office Screen (put in place policies that will affect %'s)
* Fortnightly progress (Works out costs of staff and facilities, works out popularity of each room based on various elements to work out number of guests which will then dictate the profit of each room. Executes the events...

I am in the process of building a data dictionary that explains in more detail how the variables work and with what components.
For example some elements like "building space" or "Change decor of rooms" are very simple and are just a variable that the player pays cash to change.
Other elements like "guests" are a bit more complex as different rooms attract different types of guests (young adults, adults, businessmen, thugs) - The more overall guests of a particular type will increase the chance of events relating to that type of guest.

If the above has got you interested contact me through here.

Arl1

Jul 11, 2020
Sounds great!

I work as a creative and fullstack software developer, so I'm sure we could work and complete something like this quite fast if we plan everything as much as we can, bit by bit.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I have had trouble getting in touch with the couple of people who contacted me. I am still interested in short/long term support.

I have made some headway already to get many of the basics functioning.

1623669468033.png 1623669484008.png
1623669515966.png
1623669527859.png

Reactions: Elohiem