Looking for machine translator for Japanese RPG maker & VN games

Jordick

Sep 3, 2017
Hi folks.

I've been using ITHVNR + Translation Aggregator to play Japanese RPG maker games and some VN games.
Within the Translation Aggregator I've mostly used Google's online translations. The translations were rough and messy, but I could at least make sense of what's happening the games. (I never got the Atlas working, because I couldn't find any working DL links for it)

But for the past several months Translation Aggregator has stopped working as it started giving me error messages about Google's term of policies being violated or something.

So I've been trying to find a replaced machine translator for those Japanese RPGs and VNs, but they're pretty hard to come by.
I was recommended at another site that Chiitrans 2 is a good machine translator, but I never managed to find any installation tutorials that were up to date. So there goes that option. (most tutorials that I found were already 4-6 years old and thus out of date)

Are there any other machine translators out there that are up to date or is there any Chiitrans installation tutorials that are actually up to date?

Or is my only option to spend the next ~5 years to learn Japanese?

ps. I apologize about the small rant at the end, but as I mentioned I've been dealing with this for several months now and its starting to get frustrating.

Reactions: criss