[R>Artist 3D] [R>Writer] Share Looking for people to develop a managment story-driven game

qwentra

Mar 24, 2018
Project:
- Resource management point-and-click story driven game, something somewhat like Potionomics or https://f95zone.to/threads/quickie-a-love-hotel-story-v0-34-oppai-games.21671 . Adult content not really in focus, not like sex scene every few minutes.

Developer:
- Me

Looking for:
- Writer and 3d artist who can make cartoon-ish(not sure) characters with simple rigged faces.

Employment Type:
- Revenue Share, if we will manage to make something

Work commitment:
- Long term

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord: young_junk

Job Description:
- Writer:
Help with establishing basic world building, dialogue and any ideas

-3D artist:
Modeling static environment, characters with a few poses, probably few basic battle animations, preferably blender artist. I'm sure about not using half-ready assets like DaZ3D or any Illusion product, since all games using it looks the same.
And not using AI art by any means for sure.

Additional comments:
- I'm a programmer working full-time, want to start and complete my passion project, will make it in Godot engine. Can give you any details in separate post or in DM's anywhere

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

qwentra

Mar 24, 2018
Im interested in the writing aspect. What exactly are you looking for?
Hi, thank you for answering!

I planned to use the modern world with the addition of fairy tale creatures. Something like Shadowrun, but not that far in the future, on the contrary, something closer to the mid-end 2000s.

The plot is about a character moving to a big city, in an apartment he got from his relatives. A half-ruined apartment comes with debts that the hero needs to pay. The goal of the game is to pay off the debts. There will be a lot of options to earn money, the world will be full of mini-games, but each mini-game will be tied to a character, developing relationships with whom, you can get more money. Romance and sex scenes will be closer to the end of the development of relationships.

As example - a female auto mechanic - was one of the ideas. If you get close to her, you can learn to understand cars better and learn her story. I thought she would be finalizing her father's business and putting together a rarity car whose parts would have to be sought out to move forward in the story.

Not really into a kinky style of things, more vanilla/love stories/romance comedy kind of things.

Also sorry for my bad English, not a native speaker, used translator for the most of the parts.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
give a refer model to the style of model you want, and how low of poly we talking about 10k? 5k?

qwentra

Mar 24, 2018
give a refer model to the style of model you want, and how low of poly we talking about 10k? 5k?
I'm not sure about the style but not chibi, I guess. Was thinking about background being still scenes with little variations, like people phazing in and out of existence, and few animations like switching between sections in the store will be rolling left-right with black transitions, but wasn't thinking in a general direction. Open to any suggestions.

I know people can do wild things with low amounts of poly count, most work is in a texture part, but I have no right to demand anything really...

But I'm sure about not using half-ready assets like DaZ3D or any Illusion product, since all games using it looks the same.
And not using AI art by any means for sure.

Last edited:

kinrean

May 12, 2018
then what your plan of view. side scroller type, top down( can rotation) , isometric , or other.
or just going to be like Potionomics .

Last edited:

qwentra

Mar 24, 2018
then what your plan of view. side scroller type, top down( can rotation) , isometric , or other.
or just going to be like Potionomics .
Just simple point-and-click, similar to Potionomics and visual novels

Last edited:

mikeglen

Apr 20, 2020
That's all good. Sorry about the late-ish reply. I think I can story board some ideas once I have an understanding of how deep you want the world building to be. And how fantasy themed is it going to be? Something more like Bright? With a lot of urbanization? Or more medieval?

qwentra

Mar 24, 2018
That's all good. Sorry about the late-ish reply. I think I can story board some ideas once I have an understanding of how deep you want the world building to be. And how fantasy themed is it going to be? Something more like Bright? With a lot of urbanization? Or more medieval?
Something more like Bright, yeah. World somewhat close to real life with some quirks.

Also I was thinking about how magical things would be incompatible with electrical things, but only one way. You can't power magic using electricity, but you can power electrical things with magic. And that the electrical technology was driven by humans+dwarves+any non-magical races, and the magical aspects were developed by elves+orcs+any magical races.

Maybe I can put somewhere all my ideas together on one big board so it will be easier to understand.

Last edited:

wariodude128

Apr 6, 2023
Hey, does the game have to be point and click? Because I was working with somebody on something called Hothumon, a very adult monster collector, but they want to focus on the art side of things instead of the programming. They were working in Godot, which is why I think perhaps something could be figured out.

qwentra

Mar 24, 2018
Hey, does the game have to be point and click? Because I was working with somebody on something called Hothumon, a very adult monster collector, but they want to focus on the art side of things instead of the programming. They were working in Godot, which is why I think perhaps something could be figured out.
Sorry, but can you describe everything that you already established on this project? DM or discord, not to flood here, I guess.

wariodude128

Apr 6, 2023
Sent a DM detailing the situation. Also included the pdf of the game outline with the currently unfinished typings. Really need to spend a day figuring them out.

The TechArt Guy

Feb 23, 2024
Hey, are you still looking for an artist?
I won't be able to provide a portfolio yet, since I try to put an updated one together right now, but I can offer you experience with Maya, Zbrush, Substance, Unreal Engine and TechArt.
So, even if you decide to go point&click with real-time rendering in Godot instead of a prerendered slideshow, I will be able to adjust and learn Godot to integrate my models in the engine (including Shading etc), so you can use them. I've used Godot before - not in depth, but I know a little about the engine.

In my day job, I work as Tech Artist in a AAA Studio (Unreal Engine 5), so I'm used to do things like this ;D

If that's ok, let's talk in Discord, you will find me @the.tech.art.guy