[R>Artist 3D] [R>Programmer] Paid Looking for Ren'Py programmer and 3D artist + animator for esoteric cyberpunk dystopian project

May 9, 2021
1675576880223.png

Project

This is an AVN that is a prequel to a Unity game that I started making a couple of years ago (but got sidetracked with life etc). If I had to describe the Unity game, it would be a first person RPG and a hybrid of Cyberpunk 2077, Deus Ex and the Ultima series along with aspects of Minority Report, Blade Runner and Seven.

In terms of the AVN content and style, I'm a huge fan of Pale Carnations, Eternum, Artemis, Power Vacuum, Chasing Sunsets and Being a DIK, as well as Love & Sex: Second Base, so you'll get an idea of the kind of content I like. Harem content will be available but only after the game is released in its complete form (harems will require the pursuit of girls in a certain combination which is impossible to do with the episodic release format).

The world is very dark. I can't really describe the plot of the game because it's an idea that is pretty unique, but I can give you the history of the world.

About 100 years before the game is set, a group of quantum physicists theorised that time travel was indeed possible if they could create a black hole in the centre of a large hadron collider. The idea was that the size of the black hole would be carefully regulated so that the photons that originally spun just below the speed of light would skirt the event horizon of the artificial black hole and be pushed back in time. Eventually, they perfected this technology to send electrons back in time to a device that they had built in the facility. From that day forward, it was possible to send warnings about future events that were happening in the world back in time to before they happened and ensure they never occurred.

Unfortunately, the amount of data that was collected to send back in time was so extensive that no group of humans was ever able to process what was important and what wasn't. So a separate device was created to process this information - an artificial intelligence that was programmed based on the history of mankind and how the collective conscious of humans responded to various situations. They gave this AI that acronym the Genetic Origin Database - GOD, for short - since its decisions were predicated on the residual memories that are found in human DNA.

It wasn't too long before they realised that they had made a monumental mistake. The GOD AI processed data exactly the way a human would, which meant that it skewed towards emotional responses ('the Lord thy God is a jealous god'). It was soon recommending the assassination of world leaders and presidential candidates based purely on the collective ideology of the social media forums that it had been plugged into. A new AI was required to filter these emotional responses - named Logic Operator for the GOD Operating System aka LOGOS, this AI processed emotional response through a series of logic algorithms and then recommended an appropriate course of action.

The thing was...no matter what data was fed into the new GOD/LOGOS hybrid AI, the same output was received. It was a solution that would be extremely controversial, and they knew that the planning of such a outcome would have to be meticulous if the general populace were to accept it. There could be no possibility of mistakes.

It is the story of the genesis of this controversial solution to a known problem that serves as the plot of this AVN.

Developer

Just me so far. Sort of gauging interest as to whether people even think my ideas are worth pursuing, really.

Looking For

Ren'Py coder and a 3D artist + animator. Have no issues using Honey Select assets for this - as I said, this is literally the prequel to the actual game that I'm making...I kind of want to use this as a way to generate buzz/funding for the Unity game. The characters in the AVN don't appear in the game, but the locations will.

The game engine itself is a mixture of dating sim and linear narrative. Players can play the game like a dating sim indefinitely if they so desire - this is the 'blue pill' of the game. The 'red pill' involves the linear narrative and has a definitive ending that leads into the story of the Unity game. Because it's a dating sim style game, it requires different locations (these will be the rendered environments).

For the programming side - like most dating sim games, there are stats involved - Intelligence, Charisma and Athleticism. No surprises there. However, my idea is that these stats will atrophy when not in use by -1 and when you focus on raising another stat e.g. training Athleticism raises that by +5 but lowers Intelligence by -3. When two stats combine to equal more than 150 points, the player gets a positive trait...and when a player has a stat that is 30 points lower than another stat, they get a negative trait. These traits lock or unlock certain conversation paths for girls that may not be there. The traits are:

Postive:
  • Intelligence + Charisma = Dominant (unlocks submissive conversations for all girls)
  • Intelligence + Athleticism = Don Juan (unlocks ultimate kink conversations for all girls)
  • Athleticism + Charisma = Chad (unlocks attraction for all girls)
Negative:
  • Intelligence below Charisma = Player (player locked into using PUA pickup lines for every interaction - initially will get a positive response but word gets around fast that its all just a routine)
  • Charisma below Intelligence = Autistic (player will be forced to select tactless, truthful (sometimes funny) answers - think Jim Carrey in Liar Liar)
  • Intelligence below Athleticism = Dumb Cunt (player won't understand much of anything on a date - if attraction stat with a girl is high enough this won't matter for sex, but it will just be a one night stand)
  • Athleticism below Intelligence = Nerd (pretty much opposite of being a Dumb Cunt - getting sex is harder, but once it happens it will always be a long term thing)
  • Charisma below Athleticism = Himbo (player will be forced to wait for girls to start any and all interactions - can't call/message/click on girl to talk to them. Can be endearing/mysterious/attractive to begin with but makes it very awkward after sex or if the girl is upset)
  • Athleticism below Charisma = Lounge Lizard (a combination of being a Player and being Autistic - think Larry Laffer from Leisure Suit Larry)
Still possible to win the game with negative traits, it's just harder.

I need people who can do high quality work who believe in the project. What I'm offering is a mixture of payment and revenue share - I don't expect people to work for free (except me :p), but I also want you to be invested in the outcome of the game and not treat it as just 'work'. Will need some examples of what you can produce and the speed at which you can produce it, as I'd like to be able to stick to a turnaround time per episode that is similar to all other high quality AVNs.

Hit me up in my DM if you're interested and we'll talk :)

Reactions: OnlyFunz

Zuorek

Feb 7, 2023
Interesting, could you dm me? I just joined and can not dm (though I did 1 post already)
I am 3D generalist btw.

GyroDreams

Feb 16, 2021
If you're still looking for a coder could you send me a DM? I don't think my account can send messages yet.