[R>Programmer] Share Looking for Ren'Py Programmer

Mar 7, 2021
Project: Unraveled
The story revolves around the female protagonist, Lunara. The world is set in a fantasy setting containing races such as, but not exclusive or limited to, Minotaurs, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, etc. and where magic/mana is an integral part of everything in the world. Lunara starts off as a beautiful commoner who runs away from her home village due to being ostracized as a child. She's found on the side of the road by two women who are on their way to the human capital, Regalia, to start their own brothel. It's a linear story and not necessarily a brothel management game. The brothel aspect is just towards the earlier part of the narrative. Heavily art focused and will have voice acting. The writing for the first release is essentially finished and I've acquired a decent amount of soundtracks. Art wise I'm roughly 50%-60% finished. Fetishes present that need to be brought to attention before you consider: bestiality/dubcon/drugs. Fetishes that won't be present: rape/gore/scat/pregnancy. Of course there are more fetishes to be discussed. Adult themes such as drugs/rape/violence are present but will not be glorified or sexualized in any way. All characters performing sexual acts are 18+.

Dev:
Soren
Patreon:
Discord: Soren#4360
Twitter: SorenAmaranthos

Looking For:
I'm looking for a programmer/coder for Ren'Py. I would like examples of your work/experience.

Employment Type:
Revenue Share/Unpaid. I say unpaid because the project has no funds at the moment and is starting from the ground. The percentage is up for discussion.

Work Commitment:
I'm not asking for full commitment at this point in time. Just part time or whenever you're free is fine. However, if the project gains enough traction to support both of us full time, then obviously I'd require you to be full time. I do envision the project being VERY long term assuming everything goes well. This is a passion project that I am taking seriously.

Method of Contact:
Discord: Soren#4360
Just add or DM me!

Job Description:
You'll be taking care of all the technical aspects of the project, aka everything Ren'Py related. Not only that, but I'd also like someone who shares a similar vision I do when it comes to the grand scheme of things such as story telling, themes, player experience, etc., but definitely needs a passion for fantasy/adult themes. As for what I'm asking for, it's nothing too complex or rigorous. Some examples: simple dialogue with sprites, menial grinding progression loops for the player to do, a simple turn based combat system, a menu containing character stats, a character log that holds descriptions of characters that Lunara has encountered/has relationships with, and a gallery feature.

Additional Comments:
Unraveled is meant to be a sort of fusion between a visual novel/comic that has voice acting. I'm already working with/commissioned (out of my own pocket) an amazing VA who has and is working with StudioFOW on Subverse. Ideally speaking, I'd like to have a full cast of VAs for the main characters at some point. Not all lines are voice acted, just important bits. Although it is a visual novel, Unraveled is heavily art focused even more so than most I'd say. For cutscenes or sex scenes they'll either consist of a comic format or a multiple variant CG. I'm no expert artist, especially for comics. Just a person with a passion to tell stories and draw depravities. If you have any creative inputs about the art/writing it's more than welcome! If at some point an inspiration to start another project that we both agree on comes up, I'm open to talk about it as well!

TheGentleViking

Simbro ResErection Developer
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
This sounds very interesting. From the looks of it you have a solid foundation with the art, writing, and voice acting. I think it may help to elaborate more on the "simple turn-based combat system" as it will be the make or break when attracting programmers. For example; will there be a lot of stats involved like physical attacks, magic attacks, physical defence, magic defence, speed, hit points, magic points, equipment bonuses etc. I find that one persons "simple" is another persons "complicated". It would help a lot if you gave examples of games with similar systems or even better a game design document. Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing your project succeed.