[R>Artist 3D] [R>Writer] Share Looking for small team for a gameplay demo

foralienblu

Sep 13, 2019
Project:
I'm in the prototyping phase for a space-based brothel manager, where the player controls the captain of a ship that serves as both a merchant freighter and brothel/nightclub. Ultimately, I'd like to see this turn into an optional VR game as well, but that limits the types of post-processing effects that can be ultimately achieved so it is as much an artistic decision as it is technical. This is an Unreal Engine project and I've been working for a little over a month on getting the rough gameplay elements prototyped, but am starting to run into roadblocks because of my general lack of ability in 3D art/animation, so it's gotten to the point that I need to find some team members to push this thing further and get it out of prototyping and into the gameplay demo phase.

At a high-level, the features that I'd like to see for a gameplay demo are:
  • Character generation for MC and NPCs: 75% prototyped
  • 2.5d spaceflight: 90% prototyped
  • Economy simulation: 25% prototyped
  • Planetary Proc Gen: 50% prototyped
  • Modular ship-management: Not started
  • Questing system: Not started
  • NPC Interaction/Relationship systems: Not started
I don't have much more than a rough outline for a story involving a rival brothel-ship captain and a politician trying to outlaw the practice altogether, so I'm also looking to find a writer who can make the story engaging. I'm a decent dialog writer and am more than willing to help out with that or with proofreading when wanted, but I will definitely not micro-manage.

In terms of the team you can expect to be joining: I'm looking for people who are open to sharing their ideas about the project. I manage small teams in my day job, and have always made sure that there is an open forum for any team member to bring up an idea they think will make a project better. It doesn't mean that every idea is implemented, but I try to make sure that every idea is at least discussed. Ultimately, this means that I don't expect (or want) team members to "stay in their lanes", where only the writer contributes story ideas, only the programmer contributes mechanics/gameplay ideas, etc.

Furthermore, my decision to base this game in space was made in order to allow for the inclusion of pretty much any sexual content (with the hopefully obvious exclusion of any depiction of pedophilia), including LGBTQ+, fetishes, non-human, etc. Some of this is not exactly my cup of tea, but it is important to me to be as inclusive as possible, and it is absolutely a core pillar of the game I plan to make. If this makes you uncomfortable, in such a way that you feel you could not work on something that deals with those types of content, then please don't apply and understand that this is not a judgment of you, but rather something that I feel strongly about and am absolutely unwilling to compromise on.

Developer:
Me. I'm currently doing the art and animation (poorly) and programming, and will also be able to do sound design and music when it gets to that point.

I do not currently have a company set up, but plan to put together an LLC with all team members sharing equal ownership once the project gets to the point that it can start making money. I will handle, and pay for, this process but it does mean that I can't consider anyone under 18.

Looking for:
3D Artist/Animator: Preferably, this is one role. I understand that they are separate skill sets, though, so if you are a skilled 3D artist without much experience animating, I'll be happy to create a new post to find an animator. The current art style, is a blend of realistic and stylized (more similar to western animation proportions than eastern). This is not set in stone, but the one thing I don't want is stock DAZ content. Any tool is fine, provided you can export to FBX format.

Writer: As stated, I can write dialog, but I'm looking for someone who feels comfortable taking on the general writing responsibilities. I do have a general plot outline, but haven't gotten much further than that, as it doesn't have much impact on prototyping the mechanics. Having an opening chapter that hooks people is a must for the gameplay demo, though, so that will be the initial push for this role.

Employment Type:
Revenue share is my preference. I do not have a ton of money to put into this project, and I'm trying to reserve that for any software licenses that might be necessary down the line, but if you can't work on rev-share, and your work samples are exceptional, we might be able to come to some sort of agreement.

In terms of my plan for generating revenue (and when you could expect to see something): Once the gameplay demo is available, I plan to start a Patreon/Subscribestar/whatever as well as a website for the game. Depending on the scope of the demo (which will depend on what we, as a group, decide), I expect this to be about 3 to 6 months after the core team is formed.

Work commitment:
Limited, especially at first. I don't expect 40+ hours a week, as it is unpaid for the near-term. For reference, I'm doing 20-30 hours a week, as my schedule allows, so anything you can spare, with a minimum of 10 hours a week, is what I'm looking for.

Preferred method of contact:
Send me a PM on Discord (foralienblu#6104) and we can talk about the project, the role and figure out if it's going to be a good fit.

mythridal

Jun 19, 2020
Hey bro, when you get to the gameplay aspect feel free to let me know, I test AAA games for a living (currently a lead tester for cloud imperium). when you get to the point of testing and designing the gameplay i'd love to get involvedfeel free to send me a message when interested myth #2174 on discord