2D Looking for some feedback for my new game character

GopherDev

Aug 1, 2022
Hi! My friend and I have only made one serious game before, so we're still very new and experimenting with everything.
We're aiming for more of a cutesy simplistic style.

this is how our character and some of her outfits currently look in our upcoming idle/clicker game:
CharaNew.png
Character.png
And this is her rig in-game
(there are also some basic animations + jiggle physics happening when you press her)
f95Anim.gif

Please tell us what you all think!

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Hi! My friend and I have only made one serious game before, so we're still very new and experimenting with everything.
We're aiming for more of a cutesy simplistic style.

this is how our character and some of her outfits currently look in our upcoming idle/clicker game:
View attachment 2278908
View attachment 2278883
And this is her rig in-game
(there are also some basic animations + jiggle physics happening when you press her)
View attachment 2278884

Please tell us what you all think!
As a very simplistic look and I am guessing the game will also be simplistic because it is a clicker. It looks fine.

Small critique is that I hate the arm, it just looks awkward. Yellow outfit towards the stomach area makes it look like her hips angle in, unlike the other 2 shots. This is mainly do to the diamond shape on the belly, also yellow on her yellow apartment isn't a great choice. Or the black shoulders over her dark brown bed. Work on colors to make her stand out a bit better from the background.

Extra critiques that have nothing to do with the character.

Also the pillow in the background makes no sense. The small hair standing up isn't seen in the animations because the camera is zoomed in. The photos/pictures in the backgrounds need some form of image in them, even if it is barely seeable.