3D-Daz looking for some feedbacks and help.

Nograce

Aug 2, 2018
Hello, guys

I am quite new to daz. I can't seems to find good morph or option to morph or edit my character's nose what I want.

It still looks good on me but and one thing that really bothers me is that I can't really get flat smooth side of nose.

Well almost all that daz characters I saw has pretty much same with nose smooth/flat on the side of nose.

Here is a character I made. 2nd pic with red circle shows what I am having trouble with and 3rd on is just photoshoped version.
fys_side_smile_e_1_intel.png fys_side_smile_e2.png fys_side_smile_e3.png Untitled-1.jpg
and last pic is example of character from game with flat/smooth side of nose.

I am happy with my character but I would like to see it with that shape/morph or nose and see which is better.

or maybe it's just lighting or I am just morphing in wrong parts.

Thanks in advance.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
I would personally recommend these two morph packs from DAZ: and .
I'm not ready to say which morphs from these packs will give the effect of a 'smooth' or 'flat' nose, but it's worth trying them all.
In any case, such inaccurate epithets are very personal, even the usual "Here's my .duf file and make my model look pretty!" approach doesn't help here.
Basically, it's not difficult, the names of the morphs represent their essence quite well.
If the "sunken eye" effect persists, you can add eye area morphs, particularly Eyes Depth from the first package.

Reactions: Nograce

Nograce

Aug 2, 2018
I would personally recommend these two morph packs from DAZ: and .
I'm not ready to say which morphs from these packs will give the effect of a 'smooth' or 'flat' nose, but it's worth trying them all.
In any case, such inaccurate epithets are very personal, even the usual "Here's my .duf file and make my model look pretty!" approach doesn't help here.
Basically, it's not difficult, the names of the morphs represent their essence quite well.
If the "sunken eye" effect persists, you can add eye area morphs, particularly Eyes Depth from the first package.
Thanks! I am actually using both of them, but no luck. I gotta play with eye area and see if I can remove that. Thanks

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Thanks! I am actually using both of them, but no luck. I gotta play with eye area and see if I can remove that. Thanks
One more option (if you fail with individual morphs or their combinations) is to make your own face morph, place stubborn vertexes in the right place.

DAZ's own tools are inconvenient for this purpose, so it's better to export the base model resolution to an .obj file, tweak the vertexes you need in Blender (for example), and then re-import the morph via DAZ's Morph Loader.
Tutorial on this can easily be found, although the vertex editing procedure itself requires a fair amount of skill and care.

Reactions: Nograce

Nograce

Aug 2, 2018
One more option (if you fail with individual morphs or their combinations) is to make your own face morph, place stubborn vertexes in the right place.

DAZ's own tools are inconvenient for this purpose, so it's better to export the base model resolution to an .obj file, tweak the vertexes you need in Blender (for example), and then re-import the morph via DAZ's Morph Loader.
Tutorial on this can easily be found, although the vertex editing procedure itself requires a fair amount of skill and care.
Never thought about exporting it. I might try it, if nothing else work.