[R>Programmer] Share Looking for someone with Unity or UE5/python/web/ and a lust for GPT AI challenges

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
lateral_logo_new_colour.png
Project:
- Project is in the initial phase of scoping, and the game will make heavy use of GPT bot interactions integrated into either Unity or UE5, depending on collective programming skills. I anticipate this being a lot of working getting off the ground, but once off will be mostly fine-tuning and additions to monetized parts of the game.
- The project is NOT Ren'Py and will not be a Daz game. It will have a 3d environment built in either UE5 or Unity, with a look to mobile-support if achieveable.
- The goal will be to make an initial release which is simple in what it offers, and then to expand as the product and support base grows.
- This project isn't for the faint-hearted and I would need some dedication to learning new things as most of what I am hoping to achieve will be fairly new and require some patience as we work together to achieve.
- I have a fairly good overview of coding (I work as a Data Analyst and use SQL/Python daily), and am not looking for someone to offload fluffy ideas to, but to work WITH to make this a reality.

Developer:
- L8eralGames - I have made multiple games (2 complete) so far in Ren'Py, doing all elements of game design including coding/art/UI. With this game, I'm looking to step up and out of visual novels.

Looking for:
- I am looking for a programmer to start, as the complexity of this project needs to be scoped and initiated before an artist can be recruited. I already have art design in mind, and will be fairly specific in how I want this game to work but need assistance with the programming.

Employment Type:
- Given the complexity and my reliance on this role (and possibly one or two other roles to come), I feel revenue share is the best way forward as I have lofty and positive goals to what I am trying to achieve with this one. I want the main creators of this game to feel valued and to be rewarded for it longterm. As a writer and artist myself, I understand the hesitancy "Share" invokes, but for this project I feel it is going to be rewarding.
- Revenue will eventually be shared among all major contributors (I envision around 3-4 people: myself, Programming, and Art/UI). Other roles will be paid for adhoc if required (ie: music, sounds). Revenue would be shared to you for as long as you are in the project.

Work commitment:
- Hopefully long-term, as I have ideas for initial release and then how to expand the game beyond that.

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord or here is fine. My Discord ID is L8ERALgames#5136 or you can join my channel and poke me. I live online, but am in Australia so be aware of time zones. I'm not ignoring you.

Job Description:
- I'm looking for someone who has an interest in AI as much as game development and with some experience in Unity or UE5 (preferrably you have made or worked on one game - even a simple one). You would need to be able to make a longterm commitment and be genuinely looking for a project which will test your brain cells, creativity, and knowledge. You would like to work closely and be willing to at least test the impossible before we agree something can't be done.
- I am not a micromanager, but I do like to communicate. I would prefer this project to be a team-effort.
- While I do not need x-hours commitments (i understand a modern work-life balance), I would need to be seeing some weekly progress so would expect you to be able to work on this fairly often during the week (as I do). Please don't make the commitment to this if you feel you might only be able to check in on it some weeks. We're building a house, not a letterbox.

Additional comments:
- I can't emphasize more that this game will be a challenge, but I do believe it will be rewarding to someone with a genuine interest in AI and the boundaries which can be pushed.
- You might be thinking all I have is an idea, but I am an Ideas Person who loves getting my hands dirty. This is NOT a case of "I have an idea - please make it for me". I may not have used Python for game design, but I am always willing to grow my own skill set for where it's needed the most.
- You would also be dedicated to quality and have an eye for scalability of features.
- I'm looking for someone who considers themselves to be positive, open-minded, loves coding challenges, and is reliable.
- Your privacy is 100% guaranteed, but I may need to know what work you have worked on before. I promise this information will never leave my brain if requested and I am willing to share my own relevant details.
- I'm looking to create a longterm focussed TEAM here, so you would be looking for (hopefully) developing a friendship as much as a game. No, I won't divorce my wife for you. Sorry. That's too far.
- Be prepared as I write and talk too much when excited. Like in this post.