Looking for text corrector

mooch1e

Photo Hunt
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2019
Hi!) I'm looking for a text corrector for my game Photo Hunt. There's no need to translate anything, just checking spelling mistakes, syntax, grammar and stuff.
Unfortunately, only on a voluntary basis so far, because I have nothing to pay you. I hope that'll change :)
ps. I really don't know whether I'm posting in the right section or not. Please, move the topic in the right place if I'm not)

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018

Or you could use open office, its an overkill but just for text correcting.

Oct 22, 2017
Hey, I am quite good at all things grammar and spelling, so if you want me to give you a hand, just message me, or tell me here. :)

Played the game and there were quite a few mistakes, but nothing too bad. Enjoyed the humor quite a bit.

(EDIT: Also, Kisama, not Ksama. Maybe want to change that to Kuso, which means a general "Damn" instead of "Damn you" because it would make more sense for her to be angry in general and not necessarily at the MC for correcting her)

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
If you're using Atom, I wrote a guide about how to get the spell checking working if you're using the RenPy language extension.

https://f95zone.to/threads/newbie-g...r-renpy-games-using-the-atom-io-editor.23799/

That will only do spelling, not grammar. For that, I can suggest doing this:

From the RenPy launcher, highlight your project and use the "Extract Dialogue" option.
Extract your dialogue as a "Text Only" file.
Tick the options to "Strip text tags" and maybe "Extract all translatable strings".
Personally, I don't find "Escape quotes and other special characters" that useful - so I tend to switch it off.

That will create a text file in your project directory. Just a straight up text file, nice and simple.
You can then cut-and-paste the contents of the text file into your favorite full function document editor. (MSWord, Open Office, Google Docs, whatever). Since most people have at least one gmail account... Google Docs is probably the easiest editor with full dictionary/grammar checking.
Hell... you could really go to town and use the or one of their plugins.

Whilst checking grammar this way won't fix the source code... it will at least give you a way of checking, so you can get at least half of the answers. Two monitors makes doing this even easier.