Seeking Looking for very linear VNs and games with barely any interactivity

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
For reasons that are too boring to get into, I'm looking for games that have as little interactivity as possible (while still technically being games). A while back, I played a game called Elena's Life which is like the Platonic Ideal of what I'm looking for here. At the decision point of some scenes, you'll get two options. If you choose one option, you'll get the sexy part of the scene, and if you choose the other, it'll just skip past that. That's all, that's the only choices there are in the whole game. It's been a lot longer since I played Love Thy Neighbor (the first one), but my memory of that is pretty similar, just on a larger scale. If you made enough correct choices, you would get to see the good stuff at the end of the chapter. If not, you just replay.

That's optimally the type of game I'm looking for now. The typical VN where there are sometimes a few different dialogue options and a couple branching story possibilities are not bad, those basically fit what I'm looking for. But generally where I'm at now is, the less interactivity, the better. Of course, Elena's Life and Love Thy Neighbor are probably that simple because the person who made them isn't great at programming, so I guess what I'm really looking for is recommendations of good games with such a narrow scope and limited complexity.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
You should explain the reasoning to get better recommendations. If you just hate making choices because it's annoying, you could just search for Kinetic Novel tag. If you are adverse to complex games that have mutually exclusive routes that require multiple playthroughs to see everything, then this opens up more games to be recommended.

It would also help to know what themes you like.