[R>Proofreader] [R>Writer] Unpaid Looking for volunteer proofreaders/grammar checkers.[Found volunteers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Hello there,

I'm looking for people willing to volunteer their help with proofreading and grammar/sentence structure changes for my game TP: The Class Next Door.

English is not my first language, so I need to find proofreaders and people who can edit or rearrange the sentences in my game.

Creative writing is not required; volunteers don't need to come up with their own scenarios, is just about correcting or rearranging the sentences so they feel and sound more natural in English.

If you like the game this is your chance to support its development and make the game better.
If you have some free time you want to kill this is a good chance to fill it with a... kind of challenging project. :giggle:
It can also help you to practice your proofreading and grammar editing skills.

I'm working hard to make my game gain some attention, my game is relatively new, and I'm no position to pay for professional proofreading and copy editing services.
What I can offer is to include the volunteer's names in the credits, if they want, so their work can gain some publicity and exposure.
I could also offer game related goods; spoilers, early access, access to polls, and supporter-only renders.

If you would like to help please send me a private message or post here so I can contact you.

I don't use discord so that's not an option.
Most likely I will be sending the script or part of the script using file hosts.

Last edited by a moderator:

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Although English is not my first language, I hope I can help. If you don't find native speakers or don't find enough, I'm willing to donate some of my time for this.

One thing of note: Somebody has to keep and maintain a style manual so that pieces corrected by various individuals are not disconnected.

I'm not sure how much money would be necessary to commission a copywriter to check and correct your game text, but it might be worthwhile for the quality.

Reactions: 9thCrux

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Although English is not my first language, I hope I can help. If you don't find native speakers or don't find enough, I'm willing to donate some of my time for this.

One thing of note: Somebody has to keep and maintain a style manual so that pieces corrected by various individuals are not disconnected.

I'm not sure how much money would be necessary to commission a copywriter to check and correct your game text, but it might be worthwhile for the quality.
Well your English seems a lot better than mine.

I would like to have you helping out, some of the suggestions you made before have been really useful.
There was a few things I had in mind, like side images, but I was not sure about it until your suggested it.
But in this case is just about corrections, no need to be creative. :p

Maybe we can start with the dreams?
I can extract the dialogs and send you a link so you can check them out, it will be tomorrow because I'm making some editing before releasing the game for $5.00 subscribers.

Last edited:

retnavgunner

Jul 3, 2018
As English is my native language, if you are in need of a proof reader (and grammar checker), I offer my services. I'm retired so I have a lot of free time. If not, that's fine too.

Reactions: 9thCrux
Jun 7, 2019
I tried to send you a message, but it will not let me on here. So, I'd love to help out. English is my first language and I have quite a bit of experience with writing. I've already started reworking the first chapter in a txt document and would be happy for you to take a look at what I have done so far. I do not expect any pay for helping out, however, a credit somewhere in the game or maybe a spot in the ranks of the VIP's would be awesome. LOL. IF you think my work is worth it. Let me know if you're interested. I'm already addicted to this game and would like to contribute somehow. Good luck!

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
9thCrux decided to pay for grammarly and will use it to correct the language himself. This has advantages and disadvantages. It's less efficient to have to edit text that's already completed rather than give it out to editors to correct, but in the end, his English will steadily improve, which will eventually speed up writing text for future updates.
Having editors is faster and easier, but if you have several, the quality of their work is uneven and they may subconsciously introduce style changes which will seem like tone changes for players.

Reactions: TrulyDemented1
Jun 7, 2019
9thCrux decided to pay for grammarly and will use it to correct the language himself. This has advantages and disadvantages. It's less efficient to have to edit text that's already completed rather than give it out to editors to correct, but in the end, his English will steadily improve, which will eventually speed up writing text for future updates.
Having editors is faster and easier, but if you have several, the quality of their work is uneven and they may subconsciously introduce style changes which will seem like tone changes for players.
I get that. But, the issue with Grammerly is that it tends to make contractions where none are needed. I've been doing the writing schtick for awhile now so I was really interested in helping out. I'm hoping 9thCrux will at least take a look at what I've done. I guarantee I'm cheaper than grammerly and I'd do a better job. LOL

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Sure. But at least correcting the end result of grammarly will probably be easier in the long run.

User4862

May 26, 2019
I get that. But, the issue with Grammerly is that it tends to make contractions where none are needed. I've been doing the writing schtick for awhile now so I was really interested in helping out. I'm hoping 9thCrux will at least take a look at what I've done. I guarantee I'm cheaper than grammerly and I'd do a better job. LOL
not trying to be a dick but... :unsure:

User4862

May 26, 2019
I think you're looking for a thread titled, "looking for volunteer grammar nazis". :WeSmart:
was really pointing out the irony of someone wanting to be a proofreader, claiming to be better than grammarly, while misspelling grammarly. well, i appreciated the humor.

Jun 7, 2019
was really pointing out the irony of someone wanting to be a proofreader, claiming to be better than grammarly, while misspelling grammarly. well, i appreciated the humor.
We all make mistakes. After all, we are human, afterall. And I am pretty confident in my abilities as a writer. Four published novels, one of which is an NYT best-seller speaks for itself. At least in my opinion.

User4862

May 26, 2019
We all make mistakes. After all, we are human, afterall. And I am pretty confident in my abilities as a writer. Four published novels, one of which is an NYT best-seller speaks for itself. At least in my opinion.
congratulations on your accomplishments.

yes, even experts make mistakes. part of accepting that is being able to laugh at ones own mistakes. as i initially said so ineloquently, i didnt intend to offend.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Congratulations to 9thCrux. In the current release, the language has improved leaps and bounds. There are occasional glitches here and there, but nevertheless, the flow is much better now.

Jun 7, 2019
congratulations on your accomplishments.

yes, even experts make mistakes. part of accepting that is being able to laugh at ones own mistakes. as i initially said so ineloquently, i didnt intend to offend.
I gotta be honest here.... When I read your original comment, I looked over my original work for two minutes or more thinking "what the hell is this moron talking abo.... Ohhhhhh. I'm a friggin idiot!!" Lol. Took me two minutes to catch that... No qualms admitting I suffer from senior moments already and I'm still in my 30's. God, I'm worried about my future! :unsure::):poop:

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
9thCrux was banned from F95 a while ago. I don't know how long the ban lasts. Catch up with him on subscribestar. I think you should be able to message him even if you're not a subscriber.

Status
Not open for further replies.