[R>Writer] Paid Share Looking for writer

lim00n

Aug 28, 2018
Project: The Weird Journey
it is an HTML game, with a custom game engine, which should make it looks more like a pc game. Screenshots and tech demo are available at the end

Fetishes:
Planned: Male domination, Female domination, BDSM, Corruption, Slave, Pet play
others will come later.

Stage: tech demo finished, engine and main game mechanics in place. I`ve created visual redactor for events/items, which, hopefully, should allow me to create new events fast. But game completely missing story, characters and events.

Plot: Project is about male/female protagonist, from magical world, which is on Age of Discoveries tech level. On introduction protagonist is the captain of the ship and on discovery mission towards new magic storm anomaly/new lands, during this mission protagonist accidentally reach the center of the storm, ship crashes and being teleported to another world. New world is also magigal, a little bit less tech advanced and currently on about medieval/renessaunce tech level. Nominal target of the game will be 'reparing of the ship and returning to original world'. Player would need to gather and produce resources(two tier levels) to repair ship, create few buildings at shipyard and gather some people from original crew, all of this will be source of quests and bonuses, as well as some obstacles. On the other hand there will be 4 competing countries in this world, which soon will hear about shipwreck, and would like to explore it, as well as find people from original crew, to get info and new technologies and therefore advantage above concurents. Managing their power and relation toward player, eliminating opportunity of invasion will provide constant danger and obstacles for player(protaginist can simply submit to some of them, but this of course will lead to another obstacles. Ideally, in game player, and not only in diplomacy, can go both ways - dominance and submission, but this can be separated for different stages of development).

Developer:
Me, i will provide programming and art parts( think i will just orded art separately)

Looking for:
definitely need - Writer, someone, who either native english speaker or able to write texts on native level

Employment Type:
Ready to pay, not very much i believe, as my local salary is not on US or even on Europe salary level, but i am willing to reward someone, who helps me. Share is also possible, but, honestly, i dont think this will turn out profitable soon enough for your compensation.

Work commitment:
As much as you want

Preferred method of contact:
PM here, mail, discord, anything else you are comfortable with, i really dont mind

Job Description:
So i am looking for two types of people:
1) Writer, if you are able to propose and write events with a lot of freedom, that excellent! if you will be able to make some marks, like "after this player should receive money reward", or "player should put on a new shirt", this will be even more excellent. If you just want to write text on specification, this is also very good :)
2) ( only possibly, first of all i need writer) Game designer. if you have some experience as a game designer and can review game plot, few game mechanics and how info is provided to player. Ii will be glad discuss it and to get this feedback from you. I hope my current approach will do fine, but sometimes my UX decisions may be controversial. If i dont find someone, may be i will just ask same later here, on forum

Additional comments
Below is a link to tech demo, just to understand on what we will be working on. Please be aware, that there is only example content right now and i have not ordered any graphics yet, as i need at least some characters to be setted up, it is contains only images i found on interned and incorporated in demo. But it should give you idea and feel of gameplay and overall look, and how it can be compared to another HTML games on other engines, like twine.

There is also few screenshots if you don`t want to download
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

namiv

Feb 19, 2020
If we like one another's works we might be able to share.
I am writer and I draw for 15 & 20 years each. I have almost no programming experience and I'm looking for help to build a 1.5 year scripted story.
About what you want in the game, its perfectly available in my mindset although i need to bend my taste to fit in those categories.
About what I want, a platform that gives player to interact and one Ending with many Approaches.
My favorite package was Witch Hunter Trainer by Teamborsch.
You too can consider my reward toward the help and I live in Europe.
With regards

Senpai951

Sep 19, 2017
Hello lim00n

Senpai here! I'd be interesting in assisting the writing process. English is my first and only language and I currently live in Sin City USA (Las Vegas.) Don't really have any sample work to show you but would love to chat on discord and see whatcha working with. I'm a creative thinker and pretty perverted (no shame at all.) I'm also trying to create a game as well using Ren'PY so helping you will also give me some experience in matters I lack. Looking forward to chatting with you!

Yours truly,
Senpai

Discord:
Senpai#9617

Reactions: namiv
D

Deleted member 1411905

If you're still looking, feel free to DM me:
Discord
RubMyEraser#0818

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
1/ looking for a writer (and maybe game designer later)
-> someone who actually understands project management, roles and that not everyone onboard has to be skilled in everything.

2/ Planned: Male domination, Female domination, BDSM, Corruption, Slave, Pet play
Plot: Project is about male/female protagonist

-> a sparse (but to me very appealing) choice of tags/fetishes, instead of attempting to pleasing everyone
-> gives your project more credibility in actually seeing the light one day

3/ remains humble, avoiding any "the game's gonna be the bestest, because I thought it up" or "it's going to be easy beyond this point" illusions
Produces a concept to download (and even screenshots for the lazy ones among us) instead

-> "investors" (just kidding, but potential future team mates for sure) should be willing to listen by now

There is a lot to like in your project.

I'm not going to offer my services, since I'm more on the technical side of things like you, and I definitely wouldn't have the time to spend on your future game that it deserves, but I wanted to bump this thread and wish you best luck.

I am looking forward to playing your game one day.

Reactions: namiv