[R>Writer] Looking for writer.

casruf58

May 25, 2018
Project:
Still working on the finer details...

Developer:
Nice to meet you all! I am Casruf, and my friend Vlad, Josh and I are interested in creating an adult game and seeing if we get supporters on Patreon or interest in it from a broader community of like-minded perverts into adult games and smut. I will be the main programmer for the team, and I will be creating the game through the RenPY engine, because I have a good deal of experience with Python. My friend Vlad is the artist of the team and will be doing character and background art for the game. Josh will be helping out with programming, but especially with game design. We have two friends who can help or contribute with game music, and two people who can help storyboard and do other mundane tasks for the art.

Looking for:
We are looking for a writer who has a good sense of creative direction. This is all we are lacking. We have some ideas of

Employment Type:
We are more than happy to discuss any future sharing of income through Patreon, and come to a prior arrangement before we begin.

Work commitment:
We will really be getting underway in December, especially because I have prior course commitments, and the other programmer is working on something else rn

Preferred method of contact:
Discord: Casruf#1856

Job Description:
You will be writing a lot of the dialogue and will also be helping with a creative direction for the game.

Additional comments:
We have the team, we just need the writer. The artist will be doing 2d art.

Joel Wolf

DILLIGAF
Donor
Nov 21, 2017
Casruf, would love to join your team and give my input. Let me know. I also tried you on Discord but did not find you.

romaseva

Oct 21, 2020
Hey! I am graphic designer more then 7 years and i can help you with writing etc...

casruf58

May 25, 2018
What questions do you all have on the project? This can be from the art style, to what I am seeking in a writer, to what possibilities are on board for the team etc

I am in contact with two of you on discord. I think Joel is the only one I haven't spoken with yet.

Joel Wolf

DILLIGAF
Donor
Nov 21, 2017
What questions do you all have on the project? This can be from the art style, to what I am seeking in a writer, to what possibilities are on board for the team etc

I am in contact with two of you on discord. I think Joel is the only one I haven't spoken with yet.
Try Auwolf#6895 : Questions: How much input does the writer have? How much 'freedom' does the writer get? When story boarding the game, does the writer get to understand the background of characters so they can be able to 'free lance' dialog or is it set a certain way?

Reactions: Aka Nioh

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
Try Auwolf#6895 : Questions: How much input does the writer have? How much 'freedom' does the writer get? When story boarding the game, does the writer get to understand the background of characters so they can be able to 'free lance' dialog or is it set a certain way?
Yeah, those would pretty much be my main questions as well. As someone who's currently already starting to work on specific script and developping an idea while conducting the necessary research, I think the writer "freedom" is the main question someone can have, since it seems that you guys already have an idea in mind and are just looking for someone to work on dialogue, but this could be misenterpretation on my behalf. I could even add a further question, such as, do you already have a specific theme for the game or is it something still open that will be discussed and decided with the writer?

Also, art style is an important issue, because 2d art is a very broad area. If you could provide like a small example it would help anyone interested see if your style is fitting for the writers idea.

And for last, in terms of game design would be nice to understand if your idea is for the game to have more a fluid story or do you intend to focus on a sandbox type of experience? Also, are you intending to work with visable stats for the player, or hidden ones?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aka Nioh

WWT-021

Oct 5, 2020
Hi Casruf, I'm WWT-021 (I know it's a weird username), and right now I'm reading your post in which I found special interest, since I've been looking for a while for a project I felt comfortable with to start working on. Although I don't have much information about your project, I'd love to know more about it.

If you have any questions about me or want to communicate with me, here is my Discord:
Morpheus-021#5619

Last edited:

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I have a question - What are the roles of the current team members?

What do you do? What does Vlad, and what does Josh do?
Do you have any content that you can provide to show that you three are legitimate and worth working with?

To do these games well it's an enormous time commitment, and if there is no guaranteed pay up front, nor would there be a guarantee of revenue from Patreon, it would be nice to see that the team you have already is worth working with.

casruf58

May 25, 2018
The writer has pretty much complete freedom, freelancing dialogue or plot ideas etc is completely fine, and we will be happy with whatever the writer chooses to write, it's at their personal discretion. The only restriction we have is the tone that the dialogue and plot has.

casruf58

May 25, 2018
Yeah, those would pretty much be my main questions as well. As someone who's currently already starting to work on specific script and developping an idea while conducting the necessary research, I think the writer "freedom" is the main question someone can have, since it seems that you guys already have an idea in mind and are just looking for someone to work on dialogue, but this could be misenterpretation on my behalf. I could even add a further question, such as, do you already have a specific theme for the game or is it something still open that will be discussed and decided with the writer?

Also, art style is an important issue, because 2d art is a very broad area. If you could provide like a small example it would help anyone interested see if your style is fitting for the writers idea.

And for last, in terms of game design would be nice to understand if your idea is for the game to have more a fluid story or do you intend to focus on a sandbox type of experience? Also, are you intending to work with visable stats for the player, or hidden ones?
Yes, we have a specific theme in mind but we are still open to critique or new ideas from the writer. I can post a handful of previous pieces our artist did a while ago along with what kind of art style they are thinking of for the game. Vlad is waiting on an Ipad and stylus to start drawing again but he should have one early next month.

There will be hidden stats relating to what day it is, how many events the MC has triggered or done with other characters, general plot triggers that restrict movement in one route until the overall game progresses forwards etc. After all this gets done, I might start looking at minigame related stats similar to what you see in games like Summertime Saga.

casruf58

May 25, 2018
I have a question - What are the roles of the current team members?

What do you do? What does Vlad, and what does Josh do?
Do you have any content that you can provide to show that you three are legitimate and worth working with?

To do these games well it's an enormous time commitment, and if there is no guaranteed pay up front, nor would there be a guarantee of revenue from Patreon, it would be nice to see that the team you have already is worth working with.
I am the main programmer. Vlad is the artist. Josh is currently working full time as a full-stack developer, but he will be helping with game design, flow charts, and helping inform my design decisions for hidden systems behind the scenes.

There are some things I can already show for Art and programming, however it might be best to wait until Vlad gets his ipad. As for me, I am happy showing what I have been doing this year for programming in a private message on discord. If Josh wants to reveal a bit of what he's been working on as well, that will be up to his discretion.

casruf58

May 25, 2018
I am going to close this off to any more new writers. I have had a bunch message me on discord and I still need to work my way through talking to all of them. Those who have already posted here or who have messaged me on discord, I will message you all one by one, when I have some more free time. Thanks for everyone who is keen or has posted in this thread, and thanks for the questions. If any of you have any more I can answer them.

I have a deadline for some course work, and a ton of housework to do for the next few days, so I will get back to you all in 3 or 4 days. Thanks.

namiv

Feb 19, 2020
ok, correct me if i'm wrong but the most important aspect of this topic is what the writer should write about.
i have a story (if the writer is completely free) that is erotic horror, its main theme is incest and side themes (the player decides the path) are harem/sharing/ntr. it has quite a few male and female NPCs and each has their fresh and unique list of events.
it is designed to be a VN on a 3D game but the artist passed away due to covid.
it has an active sound designer and music composer since horror without sound is meaningless.
so if you are open to this idea, and ok with the themes above then would like to see your art sample. if its convincing then you can count me in.
tnx for reading