[R>Writer] Paid Share Looking for writer

lim000n

Jan 15, 2021
Hey everyone!
I am looking for a writer, to join me. Please, look at the project description below.
I`ve already posted an advertisment around a year ago for this project, but covid mixed up all my plans and i was forced to solve real-life problems instead...But i feel that the time has come.

Project: The Weird Journey
it is an electron(HTML/JS) game, with a custom game engine, which makes it available as both HTML browser and native game. Screenshots and tech demo are available at the end

Fetishes:
Planned: Male domination, Female domination, BDSM, Corruption, Slave, Pet play.
others will come later.

Stage: tech demo finished, engine and main game mechanics in place. I`ve created visual redactor for events/items and automatic text import from writer files, which, hopefully, should allow me to create new events faster. But game completely missing story, characters and events.

Current Plot: Project is about male/female protagonist, from magical world, which is on Age of Discoveries tech level. On introduction protagonist is the captain of the ship and on discovery mission towards new magic storm anomaly/new lands, during this mission protagonist accidentally reach the center of the storm, ship crashes and being teleported to another world. New world is also magical, a little bit less tech advanced and currently on about medieval/renessaunce tech level. Nominal target of the game will be 'reparing of the ship and returning to original world'. Player would need to gather and produce resources(two tier levels) to repair ship, create few buildings at shipyard and gather some people from original crew, all of this will be source of quests and bonuses, as well as some obstacles. On the other hand there will be 4 competing countries in this world, which soon will hear about shipwreck, and would like to explore it, as well as find people from original crew, to get info and new technologies and therefore advantage above their concurents. Managing their power and relation toward player, eliminating opportunity of invasion will provide constant danger and obstacles for player(protaginist can simply submit to some of them, but this of course will lead to another obstacles. Ideally, in game player, and not only in diplomacy, can go both ways - dominance and submission, but this can be separated for different stages of development).

May be not the best plot you have seen, but the best which i was able to come up with, we may change it later(partially or completely), if writer will want to.

Developer:
Me, i will provide programming and art parts(think i will just orded art separately)

Looking for:
definitely need - Writer, someone, who either native english speaker or able to write texts on native level

Employment Type:
I prefer share, while, honestly, i will want a bigger part, as i`ve already worked on this project for quite a while and will be responsible for an art part. But if it is not possible i am ready to pay, not very much i believe, as my local salary is not on US or even on Europe salary level, but i am willing to reward someone, who helps me.

Work commitment:
As much as you want

Preferred method of contact:
PM here, mail, discord (lim00n#0645), anything else you are comfortable with, i really dont mind

Job Description:
So i am looking for two types of people:
1) Writer, if you are able to propose and write events with a lot of freedom, that excellent! if you will be able to make some marks, like "after this player should receive money reward", or "player should put on a new shirt", this will be even more excellent. If you just want to write text on specification, this is also very good :) But hope writer can be a bit active with all this eventss, cause i dont feel that i am good enough even for specification, while if this will be the only option, i will try of course.
2) ( only possibly, first of all i need writer) Game designer. if you have some experience as a game designer and can review game plot, few game mechanics and how info is provided to player. Ii will be glad discuss it and to get this feedback from you. I hope my current approach will do fine, but sometimes my UX decisions may be controversial. If i dont find someone, may be i will just ask same later here, on forum

Additional comments
Below is a link to tech demo, just to understand on what we will be working on. Please be aware, that there is only example content right now and i have not ordered any graphics yet, as i need at least some characters to be setted up, it is contains only images i found on interned and incorporated in demo. Some of the images are not in correct resolution(please see first screenshot) it is because it is hard to find free corresponding images in the correct resolution. It will be fixed, once i order graphics. But it should give you idea and feel of gameplay and overall look, and how it can be compared to another HTML/native games on other engines.

HTML version

Exe version

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3l4z3

Nov 29, 2016
Hey there, your project sounds interesting. I'm new but i do quite like the genre (bdsm/male dom) and would definitely like to throw my hat in as a writer.If you are interested we can discuss the ideas you have for the story and see if i can contribute to it.

lim000n

Jan 15, 2021
Hey there, your project sounds interesting. I'm new but i do quite like the genre (bdsm/male dom) and would definitely like to throw my hat in as a writer.If you are interested we can discuss the ideas you have for the story and see if i can contribute to it.
Hey man! I think i am already cooperating with a writer and will close this thread soon, because of this i can`t propose shares anymore :( so this would be not fair towards you, but if you still feel like you want to contribute somehow then just drop me a message in Discord: lim00n#0645 . Maybe we can use some paid ad-hock support. I dont want to be dishonest, so can not guarantee anything due to this news, but i am always happy to chat and establish a connection.

SirSpitz

Aug 22, 2020
Just a though from this writer:

Some Japanese anime has this kind of plot where someone from another world is teleported to another reality. Its obviously a good plot because it is used. Further there are some anime that meld magic with tech.

But you may be missing something in who you are selecting as a writer. How well does your writer know of history? The Age of Discovery really covers about 200 years. From pre-1492, to mid-1588 there was a huge change in technologies, but even as late as 1768 world exploration was going on (events I reference are the discovery of the Americas, The Grand Armada, and the sailing of Captain Cook).

Thought I'd share that with you so as to help your project to be a success

lim000n

Jan 15, 2021
Just a though from this writer:

Some Japanese anime has this kind of plot where someone from another world is teleported to another reality. Its obviously a good plot because it is used. Further there are some anime that meld magic with tech.

But you may be missing something in who you are selecting as a writer. How well does your writer know of history? The Age of Discovery really covers about 200 years. From pre-1492, to mid-1588 there was a huge change in technologies, but even as late as 1768 world exploration was going on (events I reference are the discovery of the Americas, The Grand Armada, and the sailing of Captain Cook).

Thought I'd share that with you so as to help your project to be a success
Thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it. Yes, this point with technologies must be followed, while the main action will take place in a 'closer to medieval age' world, and this is an easier concept for most of us. Transferring from another, a bit more tech-advanced world is an attempt to bring some rational(if it is correct to say like this about teleportation) basis for the character to not be familiar with this world, being interesting to some parties in this world and at the same time having some power guide the history in the direction real player want.