Looking to commission an oil paint artist

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Hi, I'm looking to commission an artist to do a digital oil painting for one of the girls from my game. Not sure where to look for one and seeing if any of you follow any talented artists that would fit the bill.

I'm looking for a realistic rather than stylized painting.

In the meantime I'll also post on deviantart to see if anyone's interested. Thanks!

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
I've been an artist my whole life. In galleries around the internet, I have more than 100,000 images, in every style. Oil painting is one of my favorites, but it is time consuming. In the 80s I painted Pope John Paul II. (now Saint John Paul II) for the Vatican. I know many artists who would appreciate the referral, if you're serious about wanting an oil painting made, but because you said "digital oil" raises the question of what it is you're looking for.

Have you already rendered the image you want, or just reference images? What size painting are you looking for, or do you just want a digital image that looks like an oil painting? There are algorithms made by Nvidia that can be used to produce oil paint looking images from existing images, including 3D textured brush strokes. A couple people are working on AI that emulate the old master's style. If it's something you want to try yourself, there are programs available.