[R>Artist 2D] Paid Looking to commission character concept art

Aug 23, 2017
Project:
Unannounced sci-fi squad shooter that I am tinkering on in my free time. It's gotten to the point where a number of core systems work, and I'd like to start moving away from my programmer art and towards actual art. It may or may not ever see the light of day, but I'm paying you regardless (y)

Developer:
I'm a professional software developer, working on this project in my free time (and as inspiration strikes).

Looking for:
2D Artists to come up with character designs to be handed off to 3D modelers.

Employment Type:
Paid per-design. I'm hoping to pay good money for good art/design - let's negotiate an agreement that works well for us.

Work commitment:
I'm looking to commission 4-6 character designs. Then probably more if the game makes it to a vertical slice and is received well. You are welcome to do just one design, or if the first one goes over well, I'll commission you for the next one, and so on. It's very possible that I will end up commissioning the designs from multiple people, although in that case I will have to figure out how to get a consistent-enough style across all the designs.

Preferred method of contact:
Send me a message here on F95, we can move to Discord once we decide to work together

Job Description:
Character/outfit designs:
  • Each design consisting of front, back, and weapon views,
  • Designs will be SFW, for example, a sci-fi combat outfit ( ), as I assume it shouldn't be a problem for modelers to infer each character's nude body from that
  • I will send you a pile of images for visual inspiration on the specific character + weapon, as well as lore notes on them
Additional comments:
Please include a portfolio link so I can see if your work aligns with the style I have in mind (stylized but not anime or cartoony, think Valorant-Overwatch)
The deliverable designs will technically be SFW (which might make them more postable on your professional portfolio), however the game will be somewhat dark in tone (tags hopefully including but not limited to: non-con, oviposition, tentacles, futa...)