[R>Programmer] [R>Voice] Unpaid Looking to Find a Mentor or Tutor

GoldenWitch

May 21, 2021
Project:
- I suppose the project is me :unsure:. I've taken half a programming class before flunking out and have never done voice work, but it's something I want to learn how to do.

Developer:
- Me again

Looking for:
- Game Maker Language (GML) and/or C++ programmer
- Voice Actor

Employment Type:
- Unpaid. As much as I value paying for services, I'm afraid I'm pretty broke. I'm happy to work out some sort of exchange that isn't monetary, such as helping you out with another project, and we can discuss that further whenever.

Work commitment:
- Part-time, low commitment. Since I'm not paying, I can't expect all of your time to help me get off the ground with these skills: that'd be really unfair.

Preferred method of contact:
- In this thread, private message here, Discord

Job Description:
- Someone to guide me in learning how to code in GML, the programming language used for Game Maker Studio 2. I'd love to learn the Drag and Drop method since that makes more sense to me (I just don't know what any of the symbols mean), but learning the actual written language would of course be useful. If not specifically GML, C++ is apparently very similar.

- Someone to give me pointers about voice acting. I'm a man, so techniques for men would apply to me most, and of course general techniques as well.

Additional comments:
- I realize that this isn't exactly hiring for a specific project so if this is the wrong place to post this, I apologize. I figure reaching out can't hurt, so I may as well! I also realize that there are a bunch of tutorials on programming, but I always have such a terrible time trying to follow them and end up hardly understanding what they want to explain.