VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Lost Family [v0.04 Final] [Gibby]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Qui Gon

Very dumb and boring story. The characters are even worse, unrealistic behavior of the characters you are gonna meet. The renders are okay so i can give this horrible game one star :ROFLMAO:.
    Don't get fooled by the games title there is no family content if you know what i mean... No sound no animations and overall quite empty.
    Don't waste your time, Cleaning my kitchen is more exiting and has also more content than this.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Frankline

No plot, no action, no sex. It's looks like first demo version, not 0.4. No characters, that you want to remember. The main character just creep All choices strange and about nothing. Whole game 4 gb? 4 gb of what? bad tits and text?
  3. 1.00 star(s)

cockcockcockcockcock

So all choices leads to the death of the MC??? What is this? Also really incoherent plot so far. Nothing makes sense. Roof is collapsing, much dialogue while the MC remains in place. Then wakes up with a sofa conveniently halfway on another sofa, in a way that shelters the MC. With no parts of the roof to be seen anywhere. Then he goes into the kitchen, and comments that the "kitchen is WRECKED". but only a couple of things have fallen to the side, and everything would look perfect with some tidying.

Then everything gets less sensible when the MC jumps down from a balcony, and sees the woman in distress.
    I can't even be bothered to explain it. This games have pretty much NO promise.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

SrRK

So this is actually a pretty good game! 3.0 out of 5.0 stars. It's not bad in it's current state, I actually don't understand all of the flak it's getting, but it's not great either. There are some issues. First of all, the animations look good so far. The girls are cute, some incredibly. The story is intriguing so far and I'm excited to see where it goes. I like the look of the little sister, even though her face is a little messed up, her appearance grew on me quickly and I think she looks like a cute little deer.

The issues, however, are a bit severe. For starters, the MC and his entire family are really annoying and seem like a bunch of self-centered sociopaths. The development of these characters doesn't have me liking well... any of them. And another character that could've potentially been really good, the black girl (sorry, I forgot her name), was sort of ruined with that plot twist and now she's just as annoying/weird as the rest of them.

Another major issue would be the choice system. It's... clunky. All of the choices, so far, seem almost entirely pointless or poorly thought out.
    Finally, there are some noticeable bugs, such as an image that wasn't properly coded in that leads to the command being read out in the text box. But it's nothing really "game breaking" or anything. The only issue that sort of annoyed me was the abrupt ending that doesn't even give you a chance to save. Speaking of abrupt endings, for the third version of the game, I find that overall it seems very short.

Anyway, I'll give the game a 3-star rating because I don't think it deserves a 1-star, but it does need some work. Certainly not as terrible as people are making it out to be, though. Looking forward to the future updates.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Dipsode

seems like a "could be".. Stange and attractive story, not so bad pictures. Just like a slowest dev... But don'tcare .
    Wait and see.. and hope enjoying...

So ... when do i reach 200 characters ?! Not a so long game play to write a complete book in review ..
  6. 4.00 star(s)

JanusTitor

Apocalyptic atmosphere and cheesy lines, just love it. Rendering environment still needs work on detail, could provide a much better result. First version was too much dialogue but the dialogues felt natural and realistic (at least from a writers point of view) so the creator has talent in that regard. I feel it is a solid first attempt on a game creation and the dev should be encouraged to go on instead of talked down. 4 stars from me and keep on going! I'll keep an eye for version 0.3
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Stakos

I really hate it when people judge harshly early versions of a game, so I actually don't like doing this, but this game takes badly written to another level. First release was bad but ok bad, something to work on, see the mistales, fix them, that's ok. Then the first update comes and things go so bad that it takes some time to realize that this is not bad on purpose. Inner monologues that makes no sense (the mc jumps from a concerned family member to the neighborhood's horndog in almost the same sentence), then these monologues are interrupted by an inexplicable headache that comes and goes, then "action time", one stupid choice, another inexplicable injury and finally a cliffhunger that makes no sense. In the meantime the mc finds out that his family has been brutally raped and the player has the chance to see the boobs of an, apparently, unstable woman. If you add the 4 day passing out of the mc then you have the most incoherent, messed up story t
    you've ever started reading...
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Boogie

Why do I do this to myself? The first release was so bad that it was honesty a zero star game, yet here I go again with the second release.

There were a lot of comments about the first terrible release of this game and the developer showed up on F95 and claimed to read them all. But I do not see any improvements at all with the original content. The new content is very short but still overly wordy. Normally I would offer some constructive criticism but this thing is a horse with a broken ankle. Forgetaboutit.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Charlicoincoin

There is too much blah blah in this game, we do not advance. It's long and slow. I do not feel any pleasure. The pictures are poor. The design is ordinary. The drawings are missing. I suggest to the author to rationalize, by making an intro page to situate the subject. So the game will perhaps be more dynamic and fluid.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs...

(02/21/2018 - Original Review - v0.01)

This is a very melodramatic over the top visual novel/game, that just so happens to be yet another in a long line of overused Family Sex themed games...

The visuals of the characters are a bit mixed... First off, none of them look related at all... The mother has grey hair yet shows no signs of her age when looking at her face... The older sister is described as being overweight most of her life, and yet the visuals show her almost as a super model with a slightly large butt and breasts... She actually looks older then the mother... The youngest daughter looks alright, but if she's so bad at stretching, how is it possible for her to have a visual where she does a laying down full split? Do folks not know how monumentally difficult that is without lots and lots of training and experience, which she supposedly does not have? Also, when the male protagonist is supposedly buried, the visual just shows him in his room, unharmed, with his eyes closed, and nothing on top of him...

The script is decent as it hardly has that many spelling/grammar errors... The plot, what little is revealed about it, revolves around a male protagonist who is supposedly living with his step-family and yet he continuously refers to them like they are his blood relatives... And near the end of the current content, some sort of attack happens and people are told to evacuate their homes and seek the nearest shelter... This is the cliché family we've all seen a hundred times or more with the older sister who is mean and overbearing, the struggling mother, and the cute younger sister that loves her brother but is very naïve...

Most of the text in this introduction is nothing but the male protagonist mouthing off relentlessly about his horrible life and messed up family... And there are so many other cliché and way over the top scenes in this thing... Such as his younger sister showing him a few yoga moves right off the bat... Or how when you select to go get the older sister first when evacuating the house, in the middle of a horrific crisis, a moment that should be filled with stress and panic, the older sister is found masturbating in her room (coping attitude towards her brother when he enters) instead of packing to get the heck out of dodge... Really? And how is it possible for his younger sister with her small body size and frame supposed to hold back a grown woman, the mom, from getting to her son? Impossible... And what older sister in the middle of a crisis just immediately starts mouthing off to her little sister, telling her she's worthless? The older sister just doesn't act like a real human being at all... The author/s are taking her bad girl personality WAY over the top...

You can tell based off the title picture in the OP for this thread, along with the title of the VN/Game and what happens in the cliff hanger ending, what sort of VN/Game story this will most likely be... This VN/Game screams NTR and all sorts of other things... Look how already the females in the family are probably getting abducted right off the bat... Really? That quick after an attack just as folks are all heading to shelters? Really? And I can already predict that the son will either be rescued or escape and have to most likely do the whole protect the family from every bad guy imaginable, maybe successfully and maybe not... Who really knows, but with the cliché and over the top nature of the current content, I can imagine a lot of over the top things occurring as this thing develops... We'll just have to wait and see...

Overall, at first I was optimistic, even with the very lengthy complaining session with the protagonist, but then stuff just started going overboard with melodrama, and the cliché scenes that made no sense... The immersion of this introduction is practically non-existent... And I understand it is a very early production initial version, but it needs some revision if it's gonna succeed... Will I revisit this one? I don't know right now, perhaps at some point to see if it gets a revamp and does some improvements on both the visuals matching the text, as well as getting arid of the unrealistic scenes and over the top melodrama...

(04/11/2018 - Review Update - v0.02)

Well, decided to see if this VN/Game fixed anything or improved at all from the last time I tried it... And that would be a no...

The new content involves mostly a lot of inner monologue where the protagonist thinks about saving his mom, then thinks about sex with the neighbors, then thinks about saving his mom again... His mind is all over the place... When he finally gets out, you get 2 choices, with one being a Player Punishment Dead End as the protagonist gets killed... The other, you don't really know if he gets killed or not, but I'm going to guess either he gets shot and lives or he doesn't get shot at all... No telling as the very brief amount of new content ends...

Before that happens, you find out there is a possibility the guy in the alley, that he runs into as he's holding a gun to a random woman, may have raped his family... Not sure if they are dead or if the guy is telling the truth or not... Which just leads to more questions then answers in the newest content...

Overall, the new content is primarily inner-monologue, one choice that is linear, and a quick ending that leaves ya hanging on what is really going on... There is not very much content really, for 1.5 or so months worth of development... You don't really learn much, as the plot barely moves forward at all... Much of this new content is meaningless inner banter, and a crazy guy trying to get his way with a woman in an alleyway... Maybe 2 to 4 minutes worth of clicking and reading... I'm still not impressed at all with this VN/Game, as it's pretty much the same ole same ole as the initial release, just with a lot less content... I don't see any reason, for the moment, to revisit this VN/Game... Only time will tell...