thenono

Oct 16, 2017
I was previously a patreon of Veqvil, one of only a few i back but have to admit i stopped mine while ago, not to question his work because it is great but i think he suffers the same problem a lot of devs fall in to which is managing expectations.

He started off by releasing speedy updates as the game was simpler to code as less content, and as its gone on then obviously that has become more cumbersome and more paths to follow. Now the issue is at no point (if i am mistaken please correct me, his personal problems prior to the last update aside) has he told his patreons that releases will be coming slower, hes assumed that everyone will understand that and this is where hes gone wrong imo, you know what they say about assumptions being the mother of all f**k ups.

in a world where crooks like a certain developer, where this would merely be a "drop" in the ocean patreon wise, then people are going to be a lot more sceptical when issues or delays come up.

Last formal update on patreon that i can see is 30th December, Keep patreons and alike informed and you dont get this toxic element forming.

zeppelin

Aug 21, 2017
I don't think it's completely justified but I see your point so I can't disagree with it.

Well part of it is if you don't like it for trolling sake or not. If there's a proper coherent logic behind why you don't like it I think most people will accept it.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

@zeppelin but you're ignoring the fact that the first few updates had no free roaming and no questlog. There was simply less coding and variables to add
The dev was told that he was making a mistake by adding too many paths from the very early on. He fell into that trap because he simply gave in to everyone's demands.

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
ill stand corrected, however im talking an actual status update on the posts section, not simply updating the landing page on patreon and not all patreons check that religiously, A post would issue an update to all.

like i have said i have no problem with Veq as i have supported him and if things get back to normal i probably will again however i dont see a fault in providing constructive criticism where i feel it could be helpful.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
ill stand corrected, however im talking an actual status update on the posts section, not simply updating the landing page on patreon and not all patreons check that religiously, A post would issue an update to all.
Everyone has their own way of communicating, you may like it or not but to state something you have to check first.

Reactions: cb

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
why they stopped updating...!! it has a good story and good game.
I would recommend patience. A lot of storylines and big plots set ups are coming and I assume its taking time to get it all right for our enjoyment.

I am anxious too but I have faith it will be worth the wait.

rcop101

May 31, 2017
I don't know how to feel. The last update took 4 months to be released and it added very little. The dev assured people that it wouldn't happen again and that they were on the fast track. It's almost been 3 months since then.

Kromo

Oct 12, 2018
I don't know how to feel. The last update took 4 months to be released and it added very little. The dev assured people that it wouldn't happen again and that they were on the fast track. It's almost been 3 months since then.
What can i say?Be patience,this site have a tons of game that you can play while you wait,i'm a big fans of LaS as well and i can't wait for the next update too but being frustrated waiting for the update doesn't help any one (y)(y)(y),most fans of this game is also waiting for the next update as much as you do.

Reactions: lamarks

03abc

Oct 3, 2017
I think i was reading a few months ago, that three specializations will be removed and replaced with skills or something?
Anyone knows something about it?

rcop101

May 31, 2017
What can i say?Be patience,this site have a tons of game that you can play while you wait,i'm a big fans of LaS as well and i can't wait for the next update too but being frustrated waiting for the update doesn't help any one (y)(y)(y),most fans of this game is also waiting for the next update as much as you do.
i'm not being "frustrated" I'm just stating the facts. I have no problem with game devs taking their time especially when it's just one person and not a team. The reason "I don't know how to feel" is because i like the game and i dont think the dev is a scammer but when they said that the next update wouldn't take even close to 4 months to finish they then had a responsibility to deliver. I'm not heartless i understand things happen in RL that slow things down but at the point where you know you won't be able to deliver you should let fans know so they dont feel like they've been lied to. i'm going to keep following this game because i do enjoy it, i just hope the dev gets a bit better at communication.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
i'm not being "frustrated" I'm just stating the facts. I have no problem with game devs taking their time especially when it's just one person and not a team. The reason "I don't know how to feel" is because i like the game and i dont think the dev is a scammer but when they said that the next update wouldn't take even close to 4 months to finish they then had a responsibility to deliver. I'm not heartless i understand things happen in RL that slow things down but at the point where you know you won't be able to deliver you should let fans know so they dont feel like they've been lied to. i'm going to keep following this game because i do enjoy it, i just hope the dev gets a bit better at communication.
Have some faith !!!!! He delivers, when he thinks it`s ready !!! :):)(y)

Reactions: lamarks

Kromo

Oct 12, 2018
It's probably my poor choice of words,i don't mean to say that's you're frustrarted even tho it's a bit frustrating to wait a game that we love to play to be released especially after 3 months but what can we do,i'm just suggesting let's give another game a shot while we wait,there's a tons of a new good game in this site anyway that you probably haven't tried (ie:Become a Rockstar,name isn't too convincing but it's actually a really good game with a good storyline and beautiful render and graphic as well)

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
It's probably my poor choice of words,i don't mean to say that's you're frustrarted even tho it's a bit frustrating to wait a game that we love to play to be released especially after 3 months but what can we do,i'm just suggesting let's give another game a shot while we wait,there's a tons of a new good game in this site anyway that you probably haven't tried (ie:Become a Rockstar,name isn't too convincing but it's actually a really good game with a good storyline and beautiful render and graphic as well)
I second the suggestion of giving Becoming a Rock Star a play as that game is just getting started but already has some awesome content.

Reactions: lamarks and Kromo
4.30 star(s) 129 Votes