VN Ren'Py Love, Demons and Broken Nose [Download]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
This thread is now redundant. Use the main game thread to discuss the game!

Hello, I've been a member of the F95zone community for about a year. I decided to create my own visual novel using Ren'Py and DAZ. I have created a new account for VN development purposes to keep my developer account separate from my other account and from the nick I use in several other discussion forums.

Overview
Love, Demons and Broken Nose is an adults visual novel about a man in his twenties who experienced a mysterious paranormal encounter while hanging out with Jane, his friend with benefits and former classmate.
This event brings both friends to Dana, another of our protagonist's former classmates and the girl he loved and betrayed in his teenage years.
A chain of other mysterious events that follows makes our young man and both girls live together under one roof, take adventurous trips and accept the fact that they must face an ancient evil.
Although the times when Dana struggled with the urge to beat the main protagonist unconscious are long gone and the three get along pretty well most of the time, this cohabitation is not always easy, and a demon on their ass doesn't make it easier.
Is everything just a consequence of silly game when our trio together with another friend accidentally opened Pandora's box a few years ago, or is there something else behind these events?

Genre
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

About the VN
It is a story-focused VN. I don't plan to include any complex gaming mechanisms. Some choices branches the story iimmediately, for a limited time, some will take effect later, and some will have a cumulative effect.

I hope some F95zone members will enjoy my visual novel, although it contains some broken English, there is no incest, and the main protagonist's father is still alive. ;-)
My visual novel will include some paranormal elements and abilities, but not the cheap "show me your tits and suck my dick "spells.

Characters

Download

Changelog

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
S ooo ... what is it then ... this here?
Notti <some random dev on here> said the whole story was done a whopping 8 months before touching code and now is populating her 3 story lines with DAZ

Broken English can be remedied ... you could make a list and write it down in here ...
We can give some thoughts on what works and what does not work...
Just remember them times you keep hitting the wrong phrase
Should you just post them untidy bits that bother you, we can have a look without spoiling the story.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
S ooo ... what is it then ... this here?
Notti <some random dev on here> said the whole story was done a whopping 8 months before touching code and now is populating her 3 story lines with DAZ

Broken English can be remedied ... you could make a list and write it down in here ...
We can give some thoughts on what works and what does not work...
Just remember them times you keep hitting the wrong phrase
Should you just post them untidy bits that bother you, we can have a look without spoiling the story.
The problem is that I am not a native English speaker, so I am not always able to recognise where my English is broken.
If my English in these posts does not sound too broken, it should not be horrible in most places of the visual novel.

In a few days, I can upload a very very early version for preview and put a link here. About 80% of dialogues and other texts for the introductory chapter are written.
But I wouldn't consider it a real released version.

Somewhere the text will be missing, In some places, the renders will not match the dialogs and in some other places the renders will be completely missing because I have done very few renders so far.

And the Ren'Py interface will contain more or less default settings.

So it will be a version for true masochists. :)

Jon_Sleeper

Nov 14, 2018
Just tried it. English definitely needs some work. I could only find 4 renders so not gonna comment on art as you are clearly learning.
Just keep iterating on it to make it better. Good luck.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
I would suggest mainly filling in the blanks on the missing renders first, then going back and polishing the language on the text and dialogue. Once you've done that, then work on the branching choices stuff. Bon chance!

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
I would suggest mainly filling in the blanks on the missing renders first, then going back and polishing the language on the text and dialogue. Once you've done that, then work on the branching choices stuff. Bon chance!
Of course, this is just a small preview. More renders are coming soon. Some renders will cover blanks, some will be added to places in the story where the current renders are on the screen for too long.

At this point, the first chapter is very far from being completed.

And it is likely that even after completing the first chapter some renders willbe changed because I am learning DaZ on the fly.

The introductory chapter won't contain many branches. The purpose of this chapter is to introduce the story. But most of the decisions in the introductory chapter will have a cumulative effect that will be reflected in later chapters.

CaptMorgan76

May 10, 2018
although it contains some broken English, there is no incest, and the main protagonist's father is still alive. ;-)
My visual novel will include some paranormal elements and abilities, but not the cheap "show me your tits and suck my dick "spells.
Sounds like a winner.. (said sarcastically)

• Angry
Reactions: botc76

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Funny how the all time great caterpillar eyebrowes holliwood producer+director+actor martin scorsese still sports his wide ones that have a character of their own even when trimmed and tucked behind heavily framed glasses.

Sep 21, 2019
Funny how the all time great caterpillar eyebrowes holliwood producer+director+actor martin scorsese still sports his wide ones that have a character of their own even when trimmed and tucked behind heavily framed glasses.
lol, well if Dana ever directs the remake of the Taxi Driver or any two other of Sccorsese's films then she can forgo the eyebrow tweezing as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte
Status
Not open for further replies.