VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Love Duction! The Guide for Galactic Lovers [Final] [US8]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Sinphil

Is an Homage to Hitch hikers Guide to Galaxy rather than a parody, (only a couple of characters loosely based on novels and storyline very different). Having said that if you not familiar with the books most of the games humour will be lost but for fans like me it was a brilliant homage that had me laughing throughout.

The use of iconic Hitchhiker moments into totally new situations was brilliantly done. So grab your towel and enjoy the ride.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

TheBlindSteve

TLDR, Yoshia was the best route, and Makuro deserved one for herself. 3.5/10 it's a pretty mediocre VN.

Having just finished the game itself, there are 3 routes, but only 2 real routes. The third route requires completion of both routes, then hit the "call god" button in the main menu to start the short true route, then restart(or load a save prior to the route split choice) to get a bonus scene. Mel is just a short thighjob at the start of Annie's route, it doesn't get any further then that for her, speaking of Annie she might not be a virgin, my eyes starting to glaze over during her route and there was no blood. Yoshia however is a virgin, if that matters at all to you.

Going to be honest, this is a very mediocre VN, the comedy only sticks for an hour before it stops being funny, absurdity alone can't carry a novel. The actual routes itself are fairly short, taking around 2-3 hours to finish, largely only existing for it's sex scenes and little else. And of course the best girl Makuro, that I was actually rooting for, and basically disappeared during all routes barring the true one, didn't really get anything. Like sure you could argue that she's the "true" route, but nothing happens, it's just more absurdity about love, koi with guns, and it ends with time travel. There was the sequel/fandisk bait at the end, but it never actually happened at least not from what I can see. As someone that usually skips the erotic scenes in a VN, I can safely say that I gained absolutely nothing for my time. I then decided to read the scenes itself, something I rarely do, it wasn't worth it.

Music matters a lot more then you think, as does sound design and balancing. Which is very telling because the moment I started the game I had to adjust the audio heavily, first the music was too loud and I couldn't hear the VAs so I lowered it. Then the SE was louder then the voices, so I had to lower that, I did this for a few minutes before finally getting the perfect balance. Whoever did the default audio settings for this novel, needs to get put out in the back. Music itself is very bland, can't think of any tracks that stick in the mind, although nothing to make me mute the audio itself so I guess it's fine. It has a decent amount of copyright free music, which is always annoying.

It becomes very clear upon looking at the preview images, the uncensored genitals are dogshit, otherwise the art itself is perfectly serviceable. Nothing to write home about, it's just average. Although I have issues with the scene replay not working properly, and a few images were missing from my game, but nothing too major.

The writing oh god, the writing. At the start everything is funny, because the absurdity of the situation makes you laugh, and when the gold penis machinegun comes in you start to question your sanity. As the novel goes it, it just constantly does absurd shit, and even when you start a route itself it's basically something lolorandom happens and then a girl tells you her sad backstory prior to sex. the characters aren't enough to carry the story, I can barely remember anyone besides Makuro, and that's only because she's rarely there. And nobody's VA work was outstanding nor a personal favorite of mine, so I was skipping through most lines without a care in the world.

I was looking forward to this novel, knowing absolutely nothing about it prior to starting it, that was a mistake. I would've dropped it entirely if I didn't finish it within 8 hours. The protagonist wasn't anything to write home about, he was pretty milquetoast even if he did have a few good moments, which usually got ruined later because lolsorandom moment. Play this novel if you're really bored, there are better koi in the sea, especially if you're looking for a love comedy. 3.5/10 would not play again.