Ren'Py - Abandoned - Love Loss [v0.01c] [BigBoiMarkus]

1. 5.00 star(s)

FluffyStudio

This game is truly special! The unique Art style, I have never seen before! Even though there is not much content, what is there shows huge potential! Looking forward to actually support the creator, so we can see more!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

jonteboy

Alright, had a first look for the first draft-alpha version of this, here're some thoughts:

First off I'll have to give hats off to trying out the whole amnesia thing without the protagonist confiding in anyone (even tho attempts could be made) or having any memories at all, which makes him an actually interesting self-insert of the player, where we learn what he learns on a step by step basis of the people and his past. Him somehow winging it feels abit off, but I'll give some leeway in that part since there isn't enough story or flesh to it in this early rendition

Characters... well it's hard to say how well written they are at this point, but interractions so far make them seem somewhat believeable with possibly interesting dynamics for the future to explore.

The 2D characters blended with a 3D environment feels abit jarring, but I would assume it's something you'd be getting used to. Overall the backgrounds can feel hit or miss sometimes, and I personally would suggest an all 2D look instead

The "lone chacter scenes" (like second screenshot) feels quite out of place due to this reason, and would probably benefit from having a proper background. This also got me because the jules arms just "ends" at one point during one of these segments that feels very offputting. I chalk it up to being an early test release and hope for betterment in this category.

Overall models have a slight copy-paste feel for jules and Rosanna (which is kinda obvious, since they're probably parent-child) but having them frozen in the same constant rosey cheeked smile is kind of offputting and feels quite robotic, same for the other characters. Them reacting to your words and each other with different expressions would definitely liven it up and something I would highly suggest is put on the to-do list

Also a map node for your own house so you can get back to it would probably not be amiss, as I clicked on the map before the "go to church" prompt and had to roll myself back by reloading a save since I got stuck there

some minor misspellings were also noticed, but again, early alpha so I would expect as much. Worth double checking your spelling or having an external person doing it for you

Most things will most likely be worked on and I think this can definitely be a great game with enough polish. I'll update my review once I check it again in the future
    I'll give it a 4/5 mostly for story potential and with hopes for improvements in design. Good luck!