VN - Ren'Py - Love, Sex & Revenge [Ep 0 (fixed version)] [Animeguy]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Lurks4248

I would have awarded a 3 stars rating, but because the main focus of the other reviews ive seen being only on the fact that the writer is not a native speaker i wanted to give another star to even it out.

You guys have to keep in mind this is a Ep 0. Obviusly will have alot of mistakes but the main focus should be in potencial, and that game have a lot of potential, the story is quite interesting even with a standard cliche of the family and coming back home situation, it has quite good plot points and the humor is quite nice. And the renders seems very well done for an test episode. Looking foward to see it more.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

FatGiant

Review of Ep.0 version

<<<--- Graphics--->>>

Nothing out of the ordinary, with an obvious focus on excessively large breasts on all females. This made them all look ridiculous instead of exciting. Some moderation would have been better.

There are several instances of objects being scaled too BIG in relation to the characters, those need to be fixed and re-rendered.

<<<--- UI --->>>

Very bad choice of colors, is almost invisible. Needs serious rework.

<<<--- Writing --->>>

It is the reason this has such a low rating from me. Not only is it peppered with mistakes, bad grammar and typos, it is also of really low quality and quite immature. It is clearly written by someone that has no experience in writing and quite probably the same with reading.

It either needs to be edited by someone more experienced or completely rewrote. As it is, it downgrades the quality of this title to the lowest possible.

<<<--- The "Story" --->>>

What was possible to understand by salvaging it's remains from under this really horrible writing, could eventually become interesting. As it stands now, the writer suffers from "Premature Ejaculation" in a degree that shames the one pump masters of the world.

On a very short episode he seduces and loses all the women he came in contact. Without any type of romancing, of care or even of interest.

Together with the bad writing, this is the proof that this is the work of someone with below average knowledge of the written word, both as writer and as reader.

<<<--- Conclusion --->>>

The question I always ask my self when reviewing early works is: "Is it salvageable?".

In this case, if a moderately competent writer picks this up, maybe. The story is nothing special so far. So, it may be better to scrap it all, take the stills and the animations, and rewrite the whole thing. Maybe slow down the absurd pace of the sex encounters.

I could say to fix the dialogues, but, no. What there is of that is so bad, but so bad, that they need to be scrapped and written again.

Everything in the story is VERY confusing, nothing really makes sense.

At this point I really can't recommend this. It is NOT in a state to be played and enjoyed.

<<<--- Rating --->>>

It is with a heavy heart that I have to give this a 1*.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

daphnefan

I think the game maker is excellent at making renders and creating character designs. Unfortunately, the writing in this game makes it unplayable. Doesn't feel like it was written by a native speaker. I highly recommend the creator finds someone willing to write for this game. It could end up being an excellent game!