Mod Ren'Py Love & Sex: Second Base - Lain's Scene Gallery Mod [v20.2.2] [Maim Lain]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Updated the mod to v19.9.2b

Changelog:
  • Added 5 new scenes and 1 new character to the scene gallery

Is it possible to integrate a setup menu for environment variables like "blonde sasha" and such?
Technically yes but the code is a bit janky so it'd be a lot of work. For example I only just figured out how to add piercings to a girl the last time I updated the mod.

If the game was made like a normal Renpy game it wouldn't be hard and I'd add it, but the code is written like a Java game and is really annoying to work with. xD

Last edited:
Reactions: BiberonSZeta

Dupladurr

Oct 11, 2019
It's crashed for me. I tried to redownload and reinstall but still it isn't work
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/gallery/Lain_Mod.rpy", line 46, in execute
  File "game/gallery/Lain_Mod.rpy", line 52, in execute
  File "game/gallery/Lain_Mod.rpy", line 53, in execute
  File "game/gallery/Lain_Mod.rpy", line 55, in execute
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'gallery/supportbtn_%s.png').

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/gallery/Lain_Mod.rpy", line 52, in execute
  File "game/gallery/Lain_Mod.rpy", line 53, in execute
  File "game/gallery/Lain_Mod.rpy", line 55, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 943, in _imagebutton
    idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
  File "C:\Users\Bence\Desktop\Space_Paws_0.87.1_EXE\LoSeSb-Patreon-pc-19_9_2b\LoSeSb-Patreon-19.9.2b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 937, in choice
    raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'gallery/supportbtn_%s.png').

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Love & Sex : Second Base - Patreon Edition 19.9.2b
Sat Oct 12 00:11:59 2019

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
It's crashed for me. I tried to redownload and reinstall but still it isn't work
The program you're using to extract the mod zip file is broken. Just use Windows to extract the zip file and install the mod again.

mazul

Nov 28, 2018
I suspect its more due to him being directly involved in that other game, which has caused delays to all his mods and that they will be updated in order of popularity.

Reactions: PeteHanson

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I suspect its more due to him being directly involved in that other game, which has caused delays to all his mods and that they will be updated in order of popularity.
I don't want to put any words in Lain's mouth but this game in particular has several pain points for modding and has yet to actually make any of that easier. It could be just that right now it's not worth the effort for that alone. Considering the 19.10 version of the game completely broke save compatibility. I wouldn't be shocked if this doesn't see an update until the game is complete or abandoned whichever comes first.

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
Seeing as its latest changelog suggested that "Huge core engine tweaks and rebalance" happened, it might have improved?

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes