Ren'Py - Abandoned - Love Thy Neighbor 2 [v0.4] [Slonique]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.4...

I almost think that this game was designed as either a prank or as a joke... I would not call it a sequel in any sense of the word...

The visuals of the characters (what little there really is) are pretty much exactly the same as the first Love Thy Neighbor game, with perhaps a tiny bit more resolution to them... The backdrops are a mix of 3D backdrops or real life pictures that have been smeared or slightly altered to be more like oil paintings... I mean, even the AMC movie theater logo is still mostly in tact (watch out for trademark infringement - may wanna blur that one some more)... The UI for location movement, the quest log, and everything else is about as basic as it can possibly get, with just some clickable/highlighted text, the end...

The script has some broken English, when there is text... There is no story or plot or introduction or character introduction, etc... The only text that exists is the very dumbed down, short, and cliché quest text involving a few quick lines of dialogue between characters, and that is it...

The game play is setup as a VERY basic money/quest grinder... Talk to character (whom is always at the same location, in the same pose, at the same time every day), get a quest, make money to fulfill that quest, turn quest in, open up further interactions, repeat... There are not even that many quest chains... Further interactions with characters are ALL just 1 (I said ONE) picture based on what you are able to do... And for the time being that is only seeing their breasts, or seeing their vagina, or seeing their butts (some with underwear on), getting a hand job, and getting a blow job... All of which are just one quick zoomed in picture, the end... All the updates, thus far, have been opening up those very steps, for all the characters, a few characters at a time... Only a trickle of content per character...

Overall, there is little to nothing in this game... It is a grinder with pretty much nothing of any real substance... The characters are basically cliché versions of their selves, with hardly any content, outside of very quick and super thrown together quests... I don't really believe this game is a serious work... Nothing suggests the developer is putting any real heart into it... I can't tell if this is a prank by the developer, or if it's just some test bed for future development, or what it is... It's not a demo, not an introduction to anything, you are just thrown into a grinder right away... Which involves spending time doing quests that are super basic and crazy cliché dumb, for extremely basic rewards...

There is no reason to ever revisit this thing... And here I thought, that after the 1st one (that I didn't like all that much anyway), the developer would have learned some stuff and improved on his/her craft... But as it stands now, it's a waste of time, with no show of any promise... I really feel like the developer is either trying to milk for money with this one, or getting back at players/readers that didn't like the first one... It's still early, so who knows... Perhaps it may turn a corner and the developers will actually take this thing more seriously, at some point?
  2. 1.00 star(s)

-Loli-Ghost-

Well this surprise me a fair bit it's even worse than the first one to give you an idea there is currently only 3 sexual scenes 3 different blowjob scenes and only two images per scene.

CG - 3/5 although the very few renders are nice there is very few of them
    Story - 1/5 pretty much no story
    Gameplay - 0/5 it's a Sandbox game and you don't really know what to do
    Dialogue - 2/5 with the lack of images you would think the dialogue would be better than it actually is.
    Sex Scenes - 0/5 ok?? The scene is over before you realise that it started.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

EnterpriseNL

You can see clearly there is new gameplay, now you need to click something if you want to go to another location, character models are still good but that's about it, the first one was better, but this one with ''new gameplay'' can get out, this one is going on my ignore list
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Monster Cockzilla

1) can't stand the finger paint smudge backgrounds.
    2) there is no intro or story development. you are thrown right into the
    sandbox- no context, no real clue as to what you are supposed to be doing.
    3) the sandbox execution is really bad. missing some very necessary UI
    indicators (time/inventory/stats/hints) that are essential to a sandbox
    style game.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Hyperserver

this comment in discussions is too real - it matches exactly what i think myself, so i just have to cut it out and post it over here:

Graphics: 2.5/5 The females are attractive enough so that if it was a well-written story I would be interested.

Content: 0.1/5 There is practically no content. A few small chats, no introduction maximum level of sexual content is boob/butt/pussy flashes. No sex.

Story: 0/5 a poorly written story thus far seeing as it doesn't even have an introduction or much content

As a sequel: 0/5 NEVER ever release a sequel unless the first is completed.

Chance of it being completed: 0.1/5 Not likely given the creator's history of not completing games and starting new games.

As a sandbox game: 0.1 / 5 There are several areas to go and you can make money 2 ways and talk to several girls, but the girls have almost nothing to say, and you gotta talk to them in a certain order or buy them stuff and almost nothing to spend money on.

Originality: 0/5 Nothing new or outstanding about this

Overall score: 2.8 / 35 so not good....
  6. 1.00 star(s)

HardrivenRC

I'm sorry to say that this is everything but good. No idea what the dev was thinking when he released this. Its repetitive, the scenes that are calles "sex" are nothing more than a static pic of boobs, pussy or ass.
    I can honestly only give this one star