Love vs Noncon/Dubcon

Jun 3, 2019
What's your general preference, if any, towards the relationships between characters in games? Do you like things like dubcon, or blackmail, or rape, or do you prefer everyone be properly consenting in their relationships?

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
Depends almost entirely on the setting. With most games I end up going for the love route, but that's just due to the way those games are set up. I'm a sucker for dub/noncon and I need more games that go that way in a fun and exiting fashion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sole

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
In fantasy, I enjoy almost every form of non consensual sex. In real life, I'm as vanilla as they get.

Shameless promotion: if you also enjoy noncon, check out my game!

thatguy49

Nov 6, 2020
I prefer consensual and sometimes dubcon. I need the receiving person to be enjoying it, personally I hate seeing people in fear/despair, so rape and blackmail isn't my cup of tea. The only exception is with tentacles, but I think that falls under dubcon than genuine rape lol.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Dubcon (mind-control, blackmail, financial exploitation) by MC towards hateable characters, or avoidable (through gameplay) dubcon towards MC. Zero interest in romance, FWB, harem or rape (as in forced physical violation).

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Depends on the game and how well it's sold. In general, I'm not a fan of noncon/hard rape, but anywhere in the consent to dubcon range can be ok if handled well.

If I had to pick a single answer, romantic love or competitive-but-consensual sex (ex. battlefucks where everyone is happy to be there, but you get dommed hard if you lose) tends to do the most for me. There's just something about going into a sex battle and getting your pelvis OBLITERATED that I can't get enough of.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Depends on the game and how well it's sold. In general, I'm not a fan of noncon/hard rape, but anywhere in the consent to dubcon range can be ok if handled well.

If I had to pick a single answer, romantic love or competitive-but-consensual sex (ex. battlefucks where everyone is happy to be there, but you get dommed hard if you lose) tends to do the most for me. There's just something about going into a sex battle and getting your pelvis OBLITERATED that I can't get enough of.
A big plus 1 to this! This summed up what I was going to say very nicely.

Reactions: Cryswar

Jofur

May 22, 2018
I like the whole spectrum. My heart melts for a cute and innocent romance story, but I'm also quite the non-con connoisseur when it comes to games, can't stand it in things like hentai for some reason.

While on the subject, from what I've seen there's very few DAZ(or even drawn to some degree) games with more hardcore non-con stuff in them. You usually get the occasional blackmail/dubcon stuff, but rarely full on rape. I wonder why that is? Is it just that text, management or RPGM games allow creators and players to "distance" themselves from that stuff a bit more so they feel more comfortable engaging in it? Whereas DAZ games tends to be more story and visual focused so the more personal attachment to characters put people off?